+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC (WHP) How do I reapply from within Canada?

bradp

Sep 24, 2014
Hi there. I am an Australian currently living in Canada under a 2 year IEC visa and am in the process of re-applying before I turn 31.

This thread has been really helpful - so thanks a lot for that!

My question is specific to the criminal record check required in myCIC. Can I use the same criminal record check I obtained last year for my renewal this time around or do I have to go through the process of getting another one?

I only ask because I have been in Canada since the last application so clearly haven't committed any crimes back in Australia since then! My gut feeling is I should get a new one anyway, but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bradp said:
Hi there. I am an Australian currently living in Canada under a 2 year IEC visa and am in the process of re-applying before I turn 31.

This thread has been really helpful - so thanks a lot for that!

My question is specific to the criminal record check required in myCIC. Can I use the same criminal record check I obtained last year for my renewal this time around or do I have to go through the process of getting another one?

I only ask because I have been in Canada since the last application so clearly haven't committed any crimes back in Australia since then! My gut feeling is I should get a new one anyway, but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!
No, as it older than 3 months.

Bird_189

Nov 4, 2014
How did your re-application go? I'm in the same situation now and am very confused with the lack of information, or contradictory information.