+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Approved, Extension Refused, PR Sent Back Unprocessed

newsaeedr

Dec 31, 2018
Hey! Thanks so much for the response.

Currently, I am in the "90 day stage". That will be up on January 16th. Because the Spousal Sponsorship Application (with the Work Permit application included) was sent back, I'm literally right back at square one.
  • August 26, 2015 - Arrived in Canada on 2 year IEC Working Holiday
  • October 1, 2015 - Began renting a house with Canadian girlfriend
  • March 4, 2016 - Began working at company [previously had other warehouse jobs, but without growth]
  • May 9, 2016 - Promoted to management
  • October 1, 2016 - Renewed house for another year - Technically became Common Law
  • April 2017 - Went to Company to ask for LMIA or Sponsorship - told it would be forwarded to Head Office
  • May 2017 - Entered Express Entry with a low score but did not get invited to apply
  • June 2017 - Told that Head Office would not sponsor me or approve LMIA
  • July 2017 - Applied for an extension on my Working Holiday Visa
  • July 2017 - Extended house renewal for 6 months
  • Beginning of August 2017 - Agreed to Spousal Sponsorship with girlfriend and began compiling all of the necessary documentation
  • October 16, 2017 - Work permit application was refused and was told to restore status within 90 days of this date
  • October 17, 2017 - Fired from company, but told my job was going to be held vacant until January 1st allowing me time to figure my stuff out.
  • October 26, 2017 - Canada Post inform me Mississauga office received my Spousal Sponsorship (and Restore Worker status/Open Work Permit) application
  • December 20, 2017 - After still no update from CIC, company said they would wait until March before filling the vacant role.
  • December 22, 2017 - Application had been returned without being processed as the girlfriend was missing most recent Notice of Assessment (which must include line 150); or Proof of Income Statement (Option C). Package was sent by CIC on December 18.
So, my biggest dilemma is if it is okay to stay in the country for another 2-3 months while my process slowly climbs its way to the top of the mountain of applications that need to be processed.

Another issue I'm unsure about is whether I'm restoring my status as a worker along with my Sponsorship application, or whether I should have a separate application to restore my worker status [which I could do online], and then have my Sponsorship application and an Initial Open Work Permit application attached to the Sponsorship application? The only thing about this is that I'm unsure if I can restore my status given I was on an IEC Working Holiday visa before, so it cannot be restored under the same circumstances. Unless it is possible to restore my "status" as a worker, but under a brand new Open Work Permit, then I don't see how I can restore my status.
@inkedwith3stars
I am facing a very similar situation as what your timeline describes above, with the only difference that we didn't apply for extending IEC, instead we applied for sponsorship and OWP. The application however was returned to us due to some minor missing information. I was wondering if you could give an update about how you dealt with the situation and whether you succeeded to get the work permit at the end?