+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Does anyone know what the process is like to to get another Working holiday Visa. What i mean is once your 2 year visa is nearly up do you have to go through the whole process again ? (if you want to stay for another year or so). Or because they already have your details its just a matter of paying them and waiting for an approval ?

sammiek123

May 16, 2014
Hi,

I am having great difficulties uploading my work permit form. I have filled it in electronically and its been validated. Once i try to upload the file, i get the response of "INVALID PDF FILE" . How is this possible when its the exact same file downloaded straight from their website. I have also tried scanning the printed copy and then using adobe, creating a single file PDF of the permit. Submitted this and still got the same response. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I've tried everything and I've only got 3 days left to apply.
My emails won't get answered for another 20 days or so. Everything else has uploaded but this form!
Please help, many thanks in advance.

Sammie

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tclinton said:
Does anyone know what the process is like to to get another Working holiday Visa. What i mean is once your 2 year visa is nearly up do you have to go through the whole process again ? (if you want to stay for another year or so). Or because they already have your details its just a matter of paying them and waiting for an approval ?
If you are eligible for a second WHP visa, then yes, you will have to go through the same process again.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sammiek123 said:
Hi,

I am having great difficulties uploading my work permit form. I have filled it in electronically and its been validated. Once i try to upload the file, i get the response of "INVALID PDF FILE" . How is this possible when its the exact same file downloaded straight from their website. I have also tried scanning the printed copy and then using adobe, creating a single file PDF of the permit. Submitted this and still got the same response. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I've tried everything and I've only got 3 days left to apply.
My emails won't get answered for another 20 days or so. Everything else has uploaded but this form!
Please help, many thanks in advance.

Sammie
Here's something you can try.
Re-download the form ( do not rename the form ), fill it out completely, validate it, save it and then upload it.
I've heard people saying that renaming the form might cause complications as well. Not sure if that's still the case.
If you haven't renamed it, still, redownload a new copy and go through the process again.

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
iam_toby said:
Yes, that's what I had to do. And that's how a lot of other applicants got their second IEC visa from within Canada.
Hey again,

I'm preparing my application to CIC now, with the form "Application for work permit made outside of Canada".
There's the part about the current mailing address and countries of residence etc. Do I put my Canadian address here - do I mention that I'm here at all? Or should I only use the German address for everything?

Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Rosalie87 said:
Hey again,

I'm preparing my application to CIC now, with the form "Application for work permit made outside of Canada".
There's the part about the current mailing address and countries of residence etc. Do I put my Canadian address here - do I mention that I'm here at all? Or should I only use the German address for everything?

Thanks!
I put my Canadian address in that form when I applied for my second IEC visa. The only time I said that I was currently
living in Germany was in that questionnaire on the CIC website that get's you to the application package for IEC permits.
The "Come to Canada" wizard or something like that....

I am now permanent resident of Canada, so I guess all my work permits and applications were fine.

Aus_Rose

Jun 11, 2014
Hi,
I'm an australian. I started applying for my IEC visa in april, and had a bit of a delay as i needed a police check from NZ where i lived for a year. I recently uploaded the police check, but i never received a confirmation email saying it was there, and the website works a little bit sporadically, maybe its having tech issues at the moment... My app still says open on mycic, but i'm a little worried because i never got a confirmation email for my submission of the police check.

I fly to Canada at the start of July! And as i'm banking on the 2year working holiday don't have a return flight...

I'm not really sure what to do. I've tried emailing mycic, but i can't telephone cos i'm not in Canada.

Any thoughts?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Aus_Rose said:
Hi,
I'm an australian. I started applying for my IEC visa in april, and had a bit of a delay as i needed a police check from NZ where i lived for a year. I recently uploaded the police check, but i never received a confirmation email saying it was there, and the website works a little bit sporadically, maybe its having tech issues at the moment... My app still says open on mycic, but i'm a little worried because i never got a confirmation email for my submission of the police check.

I fly to Canada at the start of July! And as i'm banking on the 2year working holiday don't have a return flight...

I'm not really sure what to do. I've tried emailing mycic, but i can't telephone cos i'm not in Canada.

Any thoughts?

Try that: +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Schnaute

Apr 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the payment of the fee for the program.
I was on the waiting list and a few days ago I received a message that a spot was available for me, so I immediately uploaded all documents and payed the fee using my credit card. I received a confirmation email from the company handling the payments saying that the transaction was processed. But when I look into my Kompass account the payment is still listed as pending and the money has also not been deducted from credit card.
I'm really worried that something went wrong in the payment and that I will be refused after the 10 days are over.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it normal that it takes this long?

I'm grateful for any advice you can give, this situation is driving me crazy :(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Schnaute said:
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the payment of the fee for the program.
I was on the waiting list and a few days ago I received a message that a spot was available for me, so I immediately uploaded all documents and payed the fee using my credit card. I received a confirmation email from the company handling the payments saying that the transaction was processed. But when I look into my Kompass account the payment is still listed as pending and the money has also not been deducted from credit card.
I'm really worried that something went wrong in the payment and that I will be refused after the 10 days are over.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it normal that it takes this long?

I'm grateful for any advice you can give, this situation is driving me crazy :(
Hi,

it always takes a couple of days for payments to be processed on a credit card. Transactions
usually show up on online statements 2-3 days after the authorization.
If you've received the confirmation email and have proof that the payment has been processed,
then you're fine. Wait for a couple days and check your Kompass account again.

Hope this helps.

Schnaute

Apr 22, 2014
Thanks, now I'm not as nervous anymore :D

Something else: Toby, I saw you are German like me ;) I was wondering if the police check for the second stage needs to be in English. I'm guessing yes but couldn't really find any information on that.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Schnaute said:
Thanks, now I'm not as nervous anymore :D

Something else: Toby, I saw you are German like me ;) I was wondering if the police check for the second stage needs to be in English. I'm guessing yes but couldn't really find any information on that.
I'm German, yes. And I actually can't tell you the answer. The two times I've applied for an IEC
visa, I always submitted the German PCC without translating it.
The first time I had to mail the application, back in 2012 and in 2013 I uploaded a scan of my
German PCC. I don't know if there's been a chance to the policies, but I wouldn't worry about translating
the PCC unless they ask for translated documents in the checklist.

Hope this helped :) Viel Glueck!

Schnaute

Apr 22, 2014
Alright then if it worked for you, I won't worry about it either ;)
The fee just got deducted from my credit card, guess I was too anxious :D
In any case, thanks for your help, appreciate it :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Schnaute said:
Alright then if it worked for you, I won't worry about it either ;)
The fee just got deducted from my credit card, guess I was too anxious :D
In any case, thanks for your help, appreciate it :)
Yes, as I said earlier, it always takes a while for transactions to show up on your visa card.
However, the merchant authorizes the full amount right away, but charges the amount later.
Don't know why that is, but I'm glad it worked out well for you.

All the best! And check back in if you have more questions.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Whats the best way of proving you have the sufficient funds in your account... A print out of your bank account ?