+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
I am so confused about the instructions from IEC. Not clear or may be I am not reading it properly. I am getting all the docs ready for my work permit so there is no delay.

Is asks me to complete a family infromation form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5707E.PDF

But it also says on top of page 2 about who needs to fill this form.

I am an australian citizen. Should I fill the form on the link above or Addtional Family information form 5465 ?

Your assitance will be appreciated.

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Can someone please repond to my above question ?

I have another question - I submitted the Working holiday visa application today and got an email saying I need to submit some douments and some fees. I have done that too but got no notification. Is that normal ? How long will it take for the acknowledgement ?

Secondly - If i login it still shows aplications submitted but documents pending - Strange but the documents part is locked and so is the payment part. Can someone please indicate what could be the wrong ?

Cheers

Tomderrichter

Jan 15, 2014
Hey guys i got a question. Yesterday the application process of the working holiday Visum has started. I realized that my Passport will expire in june 2014. Now my question is if it is possible to apply with my old Passport Nummer and expire Date and correct it after i get my new one ?
Would be nice if somebody could help me. ;)

Greetings tom from Germany :)

mooneyalan

Jan 15, 2014
Hi there I have 2 questions. My fiancee is estonian and and has received her conditional letter of acceptance and is trying to apply for her work permit on myCIC. It is requesting a medical exam. She has tried to book herself in but the medical centre is looking for her IME number which she has not received yet. Is she still waiting for something else from KOMPAS? or any info would be great as she only has 50 days left to get all documents in. any help would be great

p.s I am irish and WHV applications still not open for us. any updates?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mooneyalan said:
Hi there I have 2 questions. My fiancee is estonian and and has received her conditional letter of acceptance and is trying to apply for her work permit on myCIC. It is requesting a medical exam. She has tried to book herself in but the medical centre is looking for her IME number which she has not received yet. Is she still waiting for something else from KOMPAS? or any info would be great as she only has 50 days left to get all documents in. any help would be great

p.s I am irish and WHV applications still not open for us. any updates?
1. She doesn't require a medical. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp#e unless she has resided in one the listed countries or is intending to work in Health/Child care. She should tell the PP that she wants an "up front medical", but I don't why.
2. You will just have to keep checking.

mooneyalan

Jan 15, 2014
Thank you or quick reply, well thats what I thought but she thinks cos we lived in Australia and New Zealand for 3-4 years and we plan to go to Canada for longer then 6 months she is required to. Her MyCIC account is requesting her to produce the medical document before she can continue. so its quite confusing.

And another query. The MyCiC work permit application letter online thing requires 10 years of previous employment and other things that she needs more space for but it is impossible to attatch any more files to the form provided. any ideas?

colmOM

Jan 16, 2014
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any idea when the IEC 2014 for Spain will be opening? My girlfriend is looking to get the visa and we've been constantly checking the site but there's been no change or indication of when the process will start?

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hi Mooneyalan - I think this could be because either she has selected that she had done medicals in the last 12 months or she is going to work in a profession that requires medicals.

When you apply for a work visa via the CIC account - it creates a check list and the check list is based on the answers that you provide for various questions. Try completeing that checklist again and Answer no to the medicals section.

hope this helps.

mooneyalan

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks guys we actually figured it out. was the fat she had clicked herself that she required medical on the "designated country" thing. she got confused and answered yes to both but was yes to living in designated country but NO to requiring medical. All sorted and applied. Good forum thanks again

JensonButton

Nov 14, 2013
I'm stuck on the process of uploading CiC forms after being conditionally approved. This is for IEC, International Experience Canada.

They need me to do a medical exam but I don't have a IME number and the doctors need the IME number to preform it. Where would I get the IME number or the request to do a medical examination?

CiC told me to upload a 5707 form but on the form it states that if you are not one of these 6 listed countries than you would need to fill out IMM 5645. Hong Kong(China) is not one of the listed countries. So would I fill out the IMM 5645 form instead?

Also regarding the police check, where does one get a request for it? It tells me to upload the certificate on CiC but after checking with HK Police, they need to see an actual request from the other party(CiC in this case) before they can do the check and give her a certificate.

Any ideas? Thanks

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hi Jenson,

Just upload a form 5707 as I am going to do the same. Dont get into too much detail. Cant answer the rest of the questions may be email IEC.

Could you confrm your time time ? what did you appy for IEC and what date did you get your conditional offer ? how long did it take ?

cheers

IntifadaHD

Jan 20, 2014
First of all, thank you all for sharing your experiences, they have been very helpful!

I have a little doubt regarding the CV that we have to provide, it is about the address, which one should we put? The one where we currently live and work or the one where we have the residence? e.g. I am Italian but I temporarily live and work abroad (UK) but my citizenship is Italian and my residence is in Italy.

Can I maybe include both addresses in CV? Please help! :)

moorhs

Oct 16, 2013
Hello, I'm an Australian currently a visitor in Canada. I have received my letter of introduction and have been confirmed I am eligible, I just have one question about proof of funds when I arrive at the border.
Because I am no in Australia currently, havernt been for a long time, I can print a statement off my online banking login section, proving I have well over 2500$, but will this be enough for the border officer? Will a transaction record be any use? any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

carbyy

Jan 20, 2014
ive applied for the IEC 2014 and have also completed the CIC application and have been told ive been approved but ive done all this online and am unsure what to now in regards to getting a visa in my passport as I had to apply for a temporary resident visa. Ive had no further emails with addresses and the London embassy site says they will only reply to messages if they are sent because the processing time has been exceeded or that the application is still in office meaning its submitted but not had a verdict and since ive been approved I don't think they can help.
Im wondering if anyone else is having this issue

Many thanks from England :)

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Carby- u dont need any visa stamped on your passport as you are from a visa exempt country. I read your other post where you indicated that your details are not on the approval letter , I am sure you are opening the letter on your phone, tab or Ipad - Try a computer or a laptop and all the details would appear.

Why did you need to apply for a temporary resident visa ? If you have a british passport this is not required i think

Cheers