+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
juliabear said:
Thank you so much for your help ;D Glad to hear that I still have a chance and not all is lost
You sure do have a chance! Check http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx regularly for updates and
announcements of the 2014 program.
That's what I did this year, I checked the website like 2-3 times a week, just to see if there's anything new.
The French program also offered email updates, don't know if that's an option for the UK program too.

Mar 8, 2013
Hey Guys

I just have a quick question. My Girlfriend is currently living in Vancouver and I am planning on visiting her over Christmas and New Year, the time that I expect the working holiday program for British Citizens will open for applications. Does anyone know if my being in Canada will affect my ability to apply for the working holiday visa?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
markphilipstern said:
Hey Guys

I just have a quick question. My Girlfriend is currently living in Vancouver and I am planning on visiting her over Christmas and New Year, the time that I expect the working holiday program for British Citizens will open for applications. Does anyone know if my being in Canada will affect my ability to apply for the working holiday visa?
No, you being in Canada should not affect your application. As long as you choose UK as your current
country of residence. I, German citizen, applied for an IEC visa from within Canada myself and got it approved.

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
markphilipstern said:
Hey Guys

You can easily do it from Canada. I did this year for my second one. Get your police certificate before you leave (or scan it into your computer) and then the rest you can do online.

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Anyone applying from the UK, they don't really do updates, it's just a case of looking and striking lucky. This year when it initially opened there were over 13,000 people trying to get a permit (a lady from the embassy posted on Facebook at the time).

I don't know if they'll do it in stages again like this year, but if they do then be prepared.

To the person wanting to go with an organisation, don't waste your money, honestly. In my first year here I went with BUNAC for reassurance. All they reassured me was that it was a lot of money and a waste of time.

I won't be applying for any IEC permits but I'll pop back from time to time if anyone has any questions.

sunny30

Oct 8, 2013
Hi,

Just have a quick question. I applied for IEC Canada this year (2013) and got my IEC Compass account and sent off my application but the quota had been filled. Just wondering can I use the same IEC Compass account again for IEC 2014 or will I have to apply again?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sunny30 said:
Hi,

Just have a quick question. I applied for IEC Canada this year (2013) and got my IEC Compass account and sent off my application but the quota had been filled. Just wondering can I use the same IEC Compass account again for IEC 2014 or will I have to apply again?
Since it's only the second year, I don't have any knowledge about that so far. But I think you should
be able to use the same Kompass account for this years application.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am guessing its still going to be 2 years max?

If so, that's ridiculous and very annoying.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
A new OB has been released by CIC for IEC 2014 applications. For
applicants it is recommended reading through the document:

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490A.asp

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
iam_toby said:
A new OB has been released by CIC for IEC 2014 applications. For
applicants it is recommended reading through the document:>>
Thanks for the update. As I haven't used this online system before, are they referring to the application IMM1295E that has to be completed and submitted in the first stage as well as all the other "required/supporting documents"? As that is what I did the first time and posted it all together as one package (yes very old school) ;) I don't really understand what action I need to take for stage 2, I just thought the CIC just handled the application and will approve or not approve

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
juliabear said:
Thanks for the update. As I haven't used this online system before, are they referring to the application IMM1295E that has to be completed and submitted in the first stage as well as all the other "required/supporting documents"? As that is what I did the first time and posted it all together as one package (yes very old school) ;) I don't really understand what action I need to take for stage 2, I just thought the CIC just handled the application and will approve or not approve
Stage 1 is the IEC assessment. IEC, not CIC, will check if you're eligible under the IEC program. If you are, they send you
a conditional acceptance letter, with which you apply for your workpermit in Stage 2.
IMM1295E is needed for Stage 2, all forms needed for Stage 1 will be provided in your IEC Kompass account, if I remember that right.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Thank you for the clarification :D because I am trying to understand how this new system operates and make sure I have everything to make the first cut. I just hope they live up to the 8 week processing time because when I applied for the 2012 intake it took in total (from submission to their approval) 5 months! I don't know if you had a better experience than me in getting your permit faster than me

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
juliabear said:
Thank you for the clarification :D because I am trying to understand how this new system operates and make sure I have everything to make the first cut. I just hope they live up to the 8 week processing time because when I applied for the 2012 intake it took in total (from submission to their approval) 5 months! I don't know if you had a better experience than me in getting your permit faster than me
I got my 2013 IEC permit in about 8 weeks, yes. Check back in if you have further questions.