+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT from USA or India - Please help urgent

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am Indian citizen working in USA on L1 visa and my visa is getting expired by May 2015. I got a offer from same company's Canada branch. So I need to apply ICT. My boss gave me two options:

1. Apply ICT from USA but risk is I have limited US visa time, incase I didn't get Canada work permit before may. I need to withdraw the application to get back my passport to travel back to India.

2. Travel back to India immediately and apply ICT from India.

Can you guys please suggest me which option is good. Since I am not sure how much % rejection is there when apply from india.

Thanks

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Leena,

Its depend how strong is your employer / company and how many foreign workers are already working in that company. If you have job offer and your employer have LMIA then doesn't matter where are you apply from you will get your visa but if you will apply from US it will be processed more fast than applying from India.

Hope my answer is helpful for you.

Thanks,
Sonu

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
sonuahmad said:
Hello Leena,

Its depend how strong is your employer / company and how many foreign workers are already working in that company. If you have job offer and your employer have LMIA then doesn't matter where are you apply from you will get your visa but if you will apply from US it will be processed more fast than applying from India.

Hope my answer is helpful for you.

Thanks,
Sonu
Thanks for the response.
My company is having around 15-20 foreign workers there.

Can you pls explain what is LMIA?, I am not sure my company is having that or not.

Also can you pls give me approximate how much time will take to process ICT from USA and india respectively.

happy2015

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Leena,

You do not require LMIA for ICT.But New York consulate is painfully slow.I have applied for ICT on december 1st week and no news yet.I think processing from India is faster.But I am not sure abt medicals if you process from India.

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
happy2015 said:
Hi Leena,

You do not require LMIA for ICT.But New York consulate is painfully slow.I have applied for ICT on december 1st week and no news yet.I think processing from India is faster.But I am not sure abt medicals if you process from India.
Hey,
Thanks for the response.
I am really confused and not sure what needs to do.
Do you know what is the normal processing time from USA?

happy2015

Jan 30, 2015
It depends on the case.Till November most of the applicants got their visa in 4-5 weeks.But none of the december applicants I know got their approval yet.I think holiday season has caused this delay.

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
happy2015 said:
It depends on the case.Till November most of the applicants got their visa in 4-5 weeks.But none of the december applicants I know got their approval yet.I think holiday season has caused this delay.
Thanks for the response.

I have some more questions:
1. Did you submitted original passport also when you submitted work permit request?
2. Suppose if I submit my WP application in USA and if I didn't get response back before my US visa expiry. Do I can transfer the application to India Canada consulate?
3. Also website says from Newyork consulate processing time is 4 months. Do all application takes that much time or is that the time for some limited cases?

Hope I am not bothering you much with so many questions.

happy2015

Jan 30, 2015
No.I applied online.So you have to submit passport to VAC once you get approval mail.But I have heard if you applied in person to NY VAC processing is faster.Not sure though.
Regarding second question,I want to know the same as my I-94 is expiring by March second week.
4 months processing time is from oct 2013 to sept 2014.So I guess its not the current data.Also from the threads its clear that most of the online applications got the approval mail in one month time frame. There were exceptions.
Hope it helps.

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for the answers.

Hope you get your case approved fast.

Please keep post here or send me a message once you get approval.

happy2015

Jan 30, 2015
Thanks.Sure.ll keep you posted. Also if you get to know anything reg second question please let me know.
All the best with your applications. :)

Leena101

Oct 28, 2014
happy2015 said:
Thanks.Sure.ll keep you posted. Also if you get to know anything reg second question please let me know.
All the best with your applications. :)
Thanks..sure will let you know.

raj_aroor

Feb 21, 2017
Hi
I am in similar situation. May ICT is done online on Jan 30th but not sure it will be picked up before March 15th (US petition end date), April 15th (max out date). So I am travelling back to India by March 15th.
Please can you update your status ?
Thank you

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
raj_aroor said:
Hi
I am in similar situation. May ICT is done online on Jan 30th but not sure it will be picked up before March 15th (US petition end date), April 15th (max out date). So I am travelling back to India by March 15th.
Please can you update your status ?
Thank you
Man , I'm in the same state.. Applied for ICT on Dec 30th 2016, H1B expires on 3/3/3017 - Travelling back to Indian on 2/26/2017.. I have asked this question multiple times but there is no proper answer.. I'm very nervous ...