+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to settle in Richmond Hill On

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Richmond Hill is a quaint fairly new neighbourhood in the far northern outskirts of Toronto, out of GTA and is a new hub for the newbe's in town with money but above all, the already settled and well off Canadians, majority of whom Persians, Russians and those with either 2 good income and a huge mortgage or just simply business people who can afford buying a 4 to 6 bedroom townhouse all set nicely along side these streets the American style!

The village itself is cosy and fun, but nothing more or different than else. My cousin lives in Richmond Hill and I honestly, for one, will only live there if I have a job in that area too, but there aren't many job opportunities out there as it is a residential small town and not an industrial town.

It depends on what kind of a job you are looking for, if you will own a car as soon as you land and if you can afford rather expensive rents. There are hardly any condo's there.

cono_sur

Star Member
Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
I hope you have a lot of money. :)
+1

There aren't too many apartments, period. And job wise there isn't much either - but it's not hopeless. It depends what kind of work you are looking for.

Plan to have a car if you decide to live up there.

And yes - it's part of the GTA - but GTA is quite big. Google map-it.

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Richmond Hill is a beautiful town and quite large at approx 185,000 people. It, along with a number of neighbouring towns is part of the York Region, which is the local government municipality. Richmond Hill doesn't have a large industrial base, however just 5-10 minutes south is the town of Markham and it has a large number of businesses, many even head offices. Markham is even regarded as IT-north for many companies, as there are a number of large global companies here like Motorola, IBM, Apple, Allstate Insurance etc.

While there are some smaller (cheaper) residences in Richmond Hill the property taxes are higher and it is regarded as a more expensive town to live in.

I agree that when you live in the 'burbs' as they call it (suburbs) you will need a car to help you get around more. Yes, there is local buses, but things are very spread out and a car is often a necessity, not a luxury.

Town of Richmond Hill's website.
http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca/homepage.asp