+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i was rejected for the CSQ

lucky lucky

Feb 7, 2012
Today i had an interview for the immigration to QC, the lady who are my examiner is really mean.

She asked my french level, I told her i am a beginner.

But she only ask me one question- what the color of the wallpaper.
she judged my french level is zero and refused me to speak french anymore just because of I asked her what is wallpaper(in french).

Can she judge me just because my vocabulary is poor in some area?
I lack the vocabulary of the staff in the life, but I am good at the professional vocabulary on accounting.

She asked me the questions in English, but I answerd her in French. because of I want to prove that I can speak French.
Then she was angry and smiled like I am ridiculous. Her voice was loud.
She said:"you want to say french??!!! ok!! How many female in this room? " I am sure the word she used is not feminin or faible or femelle or madame or fille.
I asked her again what is the XX (in French).
Then she said:"say!! you can not speak French!!"
Her ridicule make me feel very bad. YES, RIDICULE.
I don't think this behaviour is belong to a professional examiner.
she did not give any chance to prove my french level!!

My friend told me if you cannot understand the question, ask the examiner to repeat or explain. They will do it for sure.
But she did not repeat or explain or change a easy word.
I don't want to accept this judgement.

she told me she will not give me the CSQ because she didn't think I am able to speak french!!

I want to know how dare she can judge a person`s language level just after one question. not one question, just one vocabulary!!!

I have a question, can i sue her ?
Will this interview influence on my next applying??

Thanks a lot.

Robindesbois

Feb 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: i was rejected by applying for CSQ

lucky lucky said:
Today i went to the office for interview, i met a tall lady who is really mean.

First, she asked about my french lever, then asked one one question in french, then she said u can not speak french.

Then the interview is in english, during she talking, i tried to speak french all the time, through my french is at the beginner level.

At last , she rejected me because of my french, and she will sent me the report in two weeks.

Now, i have a question, can i apply for the csq again? Do i need to have to pass the french exam? Will this interview influence on my next applying??

Thanks a lot.
Dear Sir,

Yes, you can apply again. However, you have to learn French at least 6 months as well as sit for the exam TEFaq. In this exam, you should get a good mark. Then, you can re-apply. Another thing, May I know where you from , Actually, Which country ?

Best of luck.
Robin

ayazf

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010

lucky lucky said:

First, she asked about my french lever, then asked one one question in french, then she said u can not speak french.

Then the interview is in english, during she talking, i tried to speak french all the time, through my french is at the beginner level.

At last , she rejected me because of my french, and she will sent me the report in two weeks.

Now, i have a question, can i apply for the csq again? Do i need to have to pass the french exam? Will this interview influence on my next applying??

Thanks a lot.
Donno about ur french but ur english is poor.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011

lucky lucky said:

Thanks a lot.
Yes you definitely can re-apply, but this time and as per the new rules you need to submit french and english test result if you want to claim points for language proficiency.

What level of french did you claim in your application? Maybe you declared more than you were able to speak.

Which visa office was that ?

We're you having the minimum required passing points ?

lucky lucky

Feb 7, 2012

Robindesbois said:
Dear Sir,

Yes, you can apply again. However, you have to learn French at least 6 months as well as sit for the exam TEFaq. In this exam, you should get a good mark. Then, you can re-apply. Another thing, May I know where you from , Actually, Which country ?

Best of luck.
Robin
Hi, I come from China. I have stayed in MTL for 3 years. I graduated from LaSalle college.

lucky lucky

Feb 7, 2012

ayazf said:
Donno about ur french but ur english is poor.
Emm, for now, the words and grammar in my brain are conflicting, u know that, French and English. My English is not bad. My french is at the beginner level.

lucky lucky

Feb 7, 2012

OsamaR said:
Yes you definitely can re-apply, but this time and as per the new rules you need to submit french and english test result if you want to claim points for language proficiency.

What level of french did you claim in your application? Maybe you declared more than you were able to speak.

Which visa office was that ?

We're you having the minimum required passing points ?
Emm, I claimed my french at 4 points.
By the way, what do you mean by "which visa office was that". I am in MTL.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011

lucky lucky said:
Emm, I claimed my french at 4 points.
By the way, what do you mean by "which visa office was that". I am in MTL.
Since you are in mtl, then your visa office would be Montreal.

So you mean you claimed level 4 out of 12 in the application !!

Share with us your other details so that we can see how many points you were short of !