+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I studied in the Mauritius branch campus of a UK university. Should I put UK or Mauritius as "Country of Study" in my Express Entry profile

pauloladimeji

Jul 2, 2021
Hi everyone. My first question here in this great, helpful community. I have a little dilemma and I hope someone can help.

Middlesex University, a UK university based in Hendon, has a branch campus in Mauritius, where I did my Masters. The Masters certificate and transcript offered comes directly from the UK. There is no mention of the branch campus anywhere in the transcript or certificate.

In my ECA report, the country and territory for this degree is listed as "United Kingdom". However, in filling my Express Entry profile, in the Study form, the Country and City of study is requested.

MY QUESTION

Is it correct for me to enter United Kingdom, since the ECA report and my certificate acknowledges that is where I studied, or I need to enter the country where I was physically present for stufy..

I'm wary of submitting the wrong info that may get my application disqualified.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You can put UK. However note that the officer will cross reference your address history with your period of that study. So might be worth including an LOE to explain the discrepancy

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone. My first question here in this great, helpful community. I have a little dilemma and I hope someone can help.

Middlesex University, a UK university based in Hendon, has a branch campus in Mauritius, where I did my Masters. The Masters certificate and transcript offered comes directly from the UK. There is no mention of the branch campus anywhere in the transcript or certificate.

In my ECA report, the country and territory for this degree is listed as "United Kingdom". However, in filling my Express Entry profile, in the Study form, the Country and City of study is requested.

MY QUESTION

Is it correct for me to enter United Kingdom, since the ECA report and my certificate acknowledges that is where I studied, or I need to enter the country where I was physically present for stufy..

I'm wary of submitting the wrong info that may get my application disqualified.
Country and City of Study is not the UK though. It is Mauritius.

So go with Mauritius.

Reactions: scylla