Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
While I congratulate you, I do feel surprised because of the peculiar act of CIC. Why did they process your application even though your NOC was not one among those 38 jobs? I am puzzled and at the same time intrigued.

:)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Congrats, and very interesting story about the Cat 1 vs Cat 3. Can you clarify - is your NOC on the list of 38?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcgyver said:
While I congratulate you, I do feel surprised because of the peculiar act of CIC. Why did they process your application even though your NOC was not one among those 38 jobs? I am puzzled and at the same time intrigued.

:)

jes_ON said:
Congrats, and very interesting story about the Cat 1 vs Cat 3. Can you clarify - is your NOC on the list of 38?

Thanks guys for your replies,

yes my NOC is one of the 38 list of jobs announced by the minister : NOC Code (1111), job title (Accountant) with 6 years experience,and bachelor degree in accounting for 4 years and master degree in management for 2 years.

However, i checked the box for international students in canada in the documents checklist of the CIO (thinking that it might be processed faster), and i sent all of the supporting documents as a proof in that regard, inspite of that, they reviewed my application against category number 1 instead of 3 as they stated in their assessment letter.

When i called CIC call center they told me, it is better for you to get your application processed faster !

However, i don't rely too much on call center agents words for two reasons as i mentioned above :

First reason, when the minister announced that foreign workers and international students are eligible for immigration to canada under category 3, he justified the reason saying that those people will be the most likely who adapt life conditions in canada easily(cultural, economical conditions...etc) since they are already living in canada and familiar with the canadain community !!! and that is true, so how come category one will be processed faster than 3 !!!!!!!!

The second reason is, call center agents are working as secretaries and don't have enough information abut the immigration rules, so we cannot rely too much on their words.

biazu17

Aug 17, 2009
Congratulation!

Just for the other people. I want to share my information too.

I applied FSW - Immigration, category 2. (Arranged Employment).

June 11, 2009 - I sent the application to CIO. *Vancouver, BC --> CIO.
June 16, 2009 - CIO received the application.
July 10, 2009 - CIO deposited the money order.
Aug 19, 2009 - I got the Assessment letter by email.

I am currently waiting for the mail becuase I have to send the letter with the second application to my local visa office.

Summary

I guess that it takes for 2-3 weeks for opening and checking the application.
After they start the process, it takes for 5-6 weeks to make a decision and finalize it.

When I sent the documents, people said that it took for 4-6 weeks after CIO recieved the application.
Therefore, please be advised.

Thanks Professional1. Your articles (replies) helped me a lot. ^.^

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biazu17 said:
Congratulation!

Just for the other people. I want to share my information too.

I applied FSW - Immigration, category 2. (Arranged Employment).

June 11, 2009 - I sent the application to CIO. *Vancouver, BC --> CIO.
June 16, 2009 - CIO received the application.
July 10, 2009 - CIO deposited the money order.
Aug 19, 2009 - I got the Assessment letter by email.

I am currently waiting for the mail becuase I have to send the letter with the second application to my local visa office.

Summary

I guess that it takes for 2-3 weeks for opening and checking the application.
After they start the process, it takes for 5-6 weeks to make a decision and finalize it.

When I sent the documents, people said that it took for 4-6 weeks after CIO recieved the application.
Therefore, please be advised.

Thanks Professional1. Your articles (replies) helped me a lot. ^.^

Thank you so much for your reply, could you please tell me what is written exactly in your assessment letter in regard to the review of your application, have they checked the box for category 2 on the letter ?

your answer is appreciated

biazu17

Aug 17, 2009
Yes, they checked the box for category2. When I applied, I checked category2, and CIO didnt change it.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biazu17 said:
I think you can print the letter and send it with your documents, someone can confirme.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
yes, you can go ahead with the print out of the e-mail u received.
also, you may not get it in post!

cheers boltz..

beautiulmind

Aug 23, 2009
Hi congradulations on getting positive results :)

Would someone plz help me with the following:

My profession comes in the new list of 38 occupations which are approved for quick processing.

I calculated my points and it comes exactly 67 (if I gain 16/16 in English language)

I didn't take IELTS test. When I'd require IELSTS result? Do I've to send IELTS result with initial application to CIO?

Because I'm looking at document checklist for CIO & with all other things it requires form mm0008 schedule 3. And in schedule 3 they've asked for copy of approved test result?

So in short can I send application without IELTS & in the mean time take IELTS?

Any thoughts/ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
hi! professional1,
heartiest congrats to you.you are about to reach your destination.
but don't forget about 120 days. there is no second chance-----------

wishing a very good success
tdr

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beautiulmind said:
Hi congradulations on getting positive results :)
Thank you so much

beautiulmind said:
Do I've to send IELTS result with initial application to CIO?
No you don't have to, i didn't send my IELTS test results with the initial application to CIO, however i have already done the exam before sending my documents just to make sure about the exact score that i will get.

beautiulmind said:
Because I'm looking at document checklist for CIO & with all other things it requires form mm0008 schedule 3. And in schedule 3 they've asked for copy of approved test result?

Yes, but it is only for the local visa office, because you will send the applications again with supporting documents to the local visa office, and if you read the instructions guide, you will find it states clearly that you don't have to send the IELTS results with your application, just the documents specified in the CIO checklist.

beautiulmind said:
So in short can I send application without IELTS & in the mean time take IELTS?
Yes you can, and that is what originally they advice us to do in the instructions guide.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdr said:
hi! professional1,
heartiest congrats to you.you are about to reach your destination.
but don't forget about 120 days. there is no second chance-----------

wishing a very good success
tdr
Thank you so much, sure i will never forget the deadline of the 120 days

Thank you again and hope the best of luck and success for you too.

cathy2381

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Submit your full application and include a cover letter. About the information you were asking...I already send it to you through personal message. Check it out.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cathy2381 said:
Submit your full application and include a cover letter. About the information you were asking...I already send it to you through personal message. Check it out.

Thank you so much for your help, i recieved the message and appreciate your help.