+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received Salary through western union can this be a problem for my EE?

Dec 2, 2021
Hello experts. I am a refugee from Eritrea living in India since 2016 . I took scrum master certification and got a job online 8 hours a day from an American company as a Scrum master. This company has developers from India whom I work with daily. As per Indian laws as a refugee I don't have the right to work in India so I own no bank account nor work permit. The company pays me through western Union by the company owner she uses her account to send me salary monthly but don't mention as salary because if she does I would not be able to receive the money. But most recently we found a way around it she now sends the money to my bank account back home and I withdraw through ATM here.
I work full time. Please I would like to know if this is an issue regarding my application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello experts. I am a refugee from Eritrea living in India since 2016 . I took scrum master certification and got a job online 8 hours a day from an American company as a Scrum master. This company has developers from India whom I work with daily. As per Indian laws as a refugee I don't have the right to work in India so I own no bank account nor work permit. The company pays me through western Union by the company owner she uses her account to send me salary monthly but don't mention as salary because if she does I would not be able to receive the money. But most recently we found a way around it she now sends the money to my bank account back home and I withdraw through ATM here.
I work full time. Please I would like to know if this is an issue regarding my application.
You need to prove you do the job. So you need a signed employment letter and you can show your Western Union transfers. Do you have ECAs and IELTS completed too.

Dec 2, 2021
Yes sir i have a signed employment letter. And I have done ECA but am waiting for my IELTS results. My worry is, my boss pays me using her name because she tried paying me through western Union with the company account I went to withdraw the money and the Teller told me I would need a bank account in India to be able to withdraw any amount above 800$ since as a refugee I can't own a bank account I decided she can use her name to send so she uses her name to send the money multiple times a month to bypass that. But recently she's sending the full amount to my bank account in my home country and I withdraw through ATM here in India. Any advice? Do I have to submit all the Western Union receipts too even though private name?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes sir i have a signed employment letter. And I have done ECA but am waiting for my IELTS results. My worry is, my boss pays me using her name because she tried paying me through western Union with the company account I went to withdraw the money and the Teller told me I would need a bank account in India to be able to withdraw any amount above 800$ since as a refugee I can't own a bank account I decided she can use her name to send so she uses her name to send the money multiple times a month to bypass that. But recently she's sending the full amount to my bank account in my home country and I withdraw through ATM here in India. Any advice? Do I have to submit all the Western Union receipts too even though private name?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Any documentation should be fine.