+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I really need help here!

littlewitch

Jun 29, 2014
I'm applying for study permit at the Canadian embassy Bangkok, Thailand since 29-07-2014. My school date will start on 27 october but I also need to attend the orientation day on this 21 October. I'm kind of worry about it if incase anything goes wrong without noticing me, the processing time it's more than 8 weeks already. In the passed two months I didn't get any emails from the embassy (I did the health checked up before they send the email to me and a nurse gave me a paper, she said that I need to attach this paper when I apply for visa and I did that.) By the way, I went to hospital and did the checked up with the doctor from the cic list <the panel physicians>

I can't directly contact to the embassy. So, I called the visa centre to check the status of my application.
She said it's still precessing. She suggested me to contact my school and ask for Admission Late Letter,
write one more paper for follow up the my application and send it back to embassy again.

Is there any case for getting visa after school start? Or any ideas about this please write to me.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hey,

you did of medical correctly and by doing it before you have reduced your time as they would have asked you to do it later in case they approved visa.

I checked CIC website and it says 10 weeks of processing time for student visa in Bankok. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

So I would suggest you to wait but I think you will have to miss your orientation.

littlewitch

Jun 29, 2014
Yes, I would keep waiting it a little bit more time. Also I have just emailed my school for late admission letter.
I'm waiting my advisor's email now to see that I need that late admission letter or not. If so I think I will miss the orientation day.

Thank you so much for comment.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Yes the best thing is to keep your college informed. I think you should also consider worst case scenario in case your visa does not arrive even after 27 October and say it comes
around starting of November or mid November. You should discuss this situation as well with your college as to whether you want to join classes later or whether you want to defer your admission to next term.

+1 if you like my comments.

littlewitch

Jun 29, 2014
Yes, I already sent email to school about my status and now waiting for the reply
hopefully I can get my study permit before school starts. *sigh*