+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I paid twice the biometrics but still received the validation letter (not the BIL)

myvisa2025

Jul 26, 2024
Hi
I applied for a visitor visa since my current visa will expire this year (so my biometrics). I asked to renew the biometrics directly on the application form and I get charged the additional 85$ fees. I received a letter requesting the passport and a biometrics validation letter (since my biometrics are currently valid), I brought both docs with me expecting to be asked to renew my biometrics when I submitted the passport, I was wrong. I got the visitor visa but it expires in a couple of weeks (since visa expire date can't be further than the biometrics expire date) I checked in internet and I found something about the voluntary biometrics renewal so I paid once more the 85$ fees expecting to get the BIL. Nothing happened. I contacted the VAR local agency and they suggested I submitted again an application form attaching the biometrics fees and explaining all this. It was done. I got then the passport request letter AND once more, the biometrics validation letter.
I submitted then a webform, nothing happens. I contacted back the local agency, they don't know what to do, they said they can't renew my biometrics since I need the BIL. They don't understand why I don't receive it. I called the IRCC in Canada and I think they are not aware of this process. They asked me to go to Canada before my visa expires and ask for an extension over there but this is not what I need. I'm planning to go to Canada during Christmas time to visit my family as I use to do almost every year. The IRCC in my country takes calls only from canadian citizens which obviously is not my case. Any advice?
I just need this famous BIL. Btw, my passport expires in 10 years.