+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Need Your Serious Advice. We Are Just Starting Out Concerning Express Entry.

tolucan2017

Apr 25, 2017
Hi All :) :) :) :), I am new to this forum and I must say a big thank you to all contributors from the knowledge I have garnered from you all. You are all amazing and wonderful people. I am very sure that My wife and I will make it to Canada with your sound advice.

So this is our situation. My wife is in my home country at the moment while I am in the UK. We want to to come to Canada through the express entry program. My wife has sat for the IELTS General Language Exam and we are awaiting her results. I am also about to do her WES Certificate evaluation for her. She has a Masters Degree from one of the best universities in my home country in Africa. She also has more than 10 years experience as a Administration officer from the two companies she has worked for so far. She qualifies for Canadian PR as I have checked to ensure that she qualifies to migrate to Canada. She is 36 years old and I am 39 years old. She will be the Principal Applicant while I will be her dependent. We have been married since 2013.

I am in the UK but I am going through an Immigration Appeal process. This situation I am in is not making it easy for me to write the IELTS exam as my Passport is with the Home Office. My passport in the Home Office has expired and even after the appeal is completed, I will need a new Passport if my Residence Document, which was revoked, will be reinstated. I am looking for ways to write the IELTS Exam so that I can boost my wife's CRS Score when she enters into the Express Entry Pool. Can I apply for a new Passport from my Country's Embassy in the UK? Or what do you think I should do? I have done some rough calculations and even without my IELTS score, my wife can garner up to 417 CRS points on her own. We both plan to move to Canada irrespective of the outcome of my appeal process. I don't have a criminal record in the UK and I am still allowed to work while going through the appeal process. Does previous immigration history affect Canadian PR Applications? Please, I need your kind advice. I have always loved Canada since I was 10 years old. Thanks a lot :) :) :) :) :).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
>> Can I apply for a new Passport from my Country's Embassy in the UK?

Sure.

Not sure, but you can try contacting the IELTS administrator if they can accept another form of ID than a passport, given your circumstances.

In the meantime, your wife can already create an Express Entry profile if she already has her IELTS and ECA results.

tolucan2017

Apr 25, 2017
@bellaluna, thanks a lot. I really appreciate your reply. Can any other person on this forum give me more advice on what to do? :) :) :) :)

Thanks, Everyone.

gags_kohli

May 1, 2017
tolucan2017 said:
Hi All :) :) :) :), I am new to this forum and I must say a big thank you to all contributors from the knowledge I have garnered from you all. You are all amazing and wonderful people. I am very sure that My wife and I will make it to Canada with your sound advice.

So this is our situation. My wife is in my home country at the moment while I am in the UK. We want to to come to Canada through the express entry program. My wife has sat for the IELTS General Language Exam and we are awaiting her results. I am also about to do her WES Certificate evaluation for her. She has a Masters Degree from one of the best universities in my home country in Africa. She also has more than 10 years experience as a Administration officer from the two companies she has worked for so far. She qualifies for Canadian PR as I have checked to ensure that she qualifies to migrate to Canada. She is 36 years old and I am 39 years old. She will be the Principal Applicant while I will be her dependent. We have been married since 2013.

I am in the UK but I am going through an Immigration Appeal process. This situation I am in is not making it easy for me to write the IELTS exam as my Passport is with the Home Office. My passport in the Home Office has expired and even after the appeal is completed, I will need a new Passport if my Residence Document, which was revoked, will be reinstated. I am looking for ways to write the IELTS Exam so that I can boost my wife's CRS Score when she enters into the Express Entry Pool. Can I apply for a new Passport from my Country's Embassy in the UK? Or what do you think I should do? I have done some rough calculations and even without my IELTS score, my wife can garner up to 417 CRS points on her own. We both plan to move to Canada irrespective of the outcome of my appeal process. I don't have a criminal record in the UK and I am still allowed to work while going through the appeal process. Does previous immigration history affect Canadian PR Applications? Please, I need your kind advice. I have always loved Canada since I was 10 years old. Thanks a lot :) :) :) :) :).

buddy the situation seems to be tough.. British Counsil or even IDP might not allow you to write an IELTS without passport as that's the only document the consider for appearing in exam.. you must work out ways of getting a new passport to appear for the same.. in the meantime your wife can create a profile in EE and you can always upgrade it with your IELTS scores as and when available.
all the best !!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I presented IELTS without my passport (ID card) in the British council branch in my country.

tolucan2017

Apr 25, 2017
@hamgha, thanks for your contribution. How did you sit for the IELTS exam without a Passport? What other documentation did you use apart from your International Passport? Please let me know. Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
tolucan2017 said:
@hamgha, thanks for your contribution. How did you sit for the IELTS exam without a Passport? What other documentation did you use apart from your International Passport? Please let me know. Thanks.
Have you tried asking the British Council/IDP/administrator directly? It really won't hurt, you know.
You can wait for others to reply with their suggestions, but a direct inquiry is the most straightforward solution.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
tolucan2017 said:
I mentioned it earlier in my reply, I used my ID card

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Here in the UAE, a passport is not compulsory to write IELTS. A national ID card given by the govt is good enough. Best to check with IDP/British Council directly.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
gags_kohli said:
buddy the situation seems to be tough.. British Counsil or even IDP might not allow you to write an IELTS without passport as that's the only document the consider for appearing in exam.. you must work out ways of getting a new passport to appear for the same.. in the meantime your wife can create a profile in EE and you can always upgrade it with your IELTS scores as and when available.
all the best !!
Every country has different rules. A passport is not always compulsory.