+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need to relocate to another province with the same employer on a closed work permit

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
I recently received a LMIA exempt closed work permit from Nova scotia. My company is currently in Halifax and I am currently WFH in Halifax.
My company now wants me to move to Toronto as per business requirement.

1. Can I continue to work from Toronto on the same work permit. Did anyone had this scenario previously.
2. When I apply for PR, can I apply from Nova Scotia or Ontario or Both.
3. Can I apply for PNP's of Ontario or Nova Scotia.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi
I recently received a LMIA exempt closed work permit from Nova scotia. My company is currently in Halifax and I am currently WFH in Halifax.
My company now wants me to move to Toronto as per business requirement.

1. Can I continue to work from Toronto on the same work permit. Did anyone had this scenario previously.
2. When I apply for PR, can I apply from Nova Scotia or Ontario or Both.
3. Can I apply for PNP's of Ontario or Nova Scotia.

Thank you in advance for your reply
Check the conditions on your work permit. Sometimes one cannot work anywhere other than designated employer and workplace.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Please check with your employer's attorneys they are the best folks to answer your question. In my company they never let us work remote from a different province

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Please check with your employer's attorneys they are the best folks to answer your question. In my company they never let us work remote from a different province
Agreed, moreover closed work permit have conditions. Employers just need work, they are least worried about an employee's status, so one have to take steps on their own and decide accordingly.

Reactions: Lord_Tony