+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need to extend my work permit!! Please help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can send an application for the WP. Indicate (even if they'll see that your WP is expiring) that your WP is expiring and that LMO has been submitted in your favour an dthat you'd that you'll send the LMO once you receive it (actually phone CIC and inform them of the file/LMO number).

Jose Andres said:
Hello again everyone.

I need advise again... Im a little worry now because my boss doest really want to help with the LMO application (he will give me a final answer this week). (he is just willing to prepare a letter for me)

being that said, what other options do I have to apply for a work permit??. I really need to know if there is any other way I can get a work permit.
Can I just send my visa application with along with my contract (no expire date), supporting docs like my salary statements and reference letters?

Any help and idea will be appreciated.

thank you!

Jose Andres

Jun 7, 2011
Hello again!

My boss talked directly to service Canada officer in Toronto today, who told us to resubmit my application again as a new one with all the back up (job bank posting ad), they will give send an answer in 14 days.

Here is my question. my current visa expires on sept 2nd. what about if i don't get any answer before the expire date?, what will be my status in Canada?.
I know if i get positive LMO before my visa expire I can submit my WP application before sept 2nd to get the implied status and continues living and working legally in Canada..

What about if If I get negative LMO before my visa expire? do i have to leave the country?

Please help with your advices.

Thank you very much!

Jose