+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help

Madidi

Feb 3, 2018
South Africa
Category........
I need help from you please I'm refugee from Congo live in south Africa my life is in danger really I need help from you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There isn’t anyone that can help you beyond offering advice. This isn’t a government website.

Are you currently a refugee or have you claimed refugee status in South Africa? If you have, chances are low that you would be accepted in Canada as a refugee, as you are already in a country that assists refugees.

There are 3 ways to be sponsored as a refugee.
  1. Apply to the UNHCR in South Africa. Once accepted, they will look for a country to accept you (not necessarily Canada).
  2. Be sponsored by an organization in Canada (group of 5) that specializes in refugee relocation
  3. Apply for a TRV and apply in Canada on arrival. In order to do this, you would need to qualify for a TRV and given your current situation, difficult to obtain.
You can not apply as a refugee outside of Canada directly. It must go through the UNHCR or a recognized organization.

Madidi

Feb 3, 2018
South Africa
Category........
Hi there just to know if is possible to get visa with refugee passport from south I really need to be in Canada with my family

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi there just to know if is possible to get visa with refugee passport from south I really need to be in Canada with my family
No, it's not possible. You can certainly try to apply for a TRV but it's practically guaranteed to be refused. It's obvious you would just claim asylum in Canada once you arrive.

Reactions: Madidi