+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help with the family sponsorship program..

Tomlek

Apr 26, 2019
my fiancee and i have been engaged for about 2years now and we planning on getting married soon. She’s canadian citizen and I'm from africa living illegally in the united state of America bc my visa got expired. Is it possible for her to file PR for me without me having to go back to africa. Can i file in the united state?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Have you been living together in a "marriage-like" situation for at least one whole year? If not, she cannot sponsor you before you get married.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If she is a citizen and you get married she can apply to sponsor you from anywhere in the world. If she is not in Canada, she will need to prove her intention to move back to Canada with you - this would mean some sort of planning to move, like securing quotes for moving services, promises from family to offer you places to live, etc.

Tomlek

Apr 26, 2019
Have you been living together in a "marriage-like" situation for at least one whole year? If not, she cannot sponsor you before you get married.
We wanna get married first before we apply but wanna know if its possible for us to get my PR without no hindrances. She’s in school right now but will finish in two weeks time. So we planning on getting married after that.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can apply, definitely, once you're married.

You will also need to collect all relevant documents - and one of them is a US police check, which may be a challenge for you?

There may be some hindrances given your current status in the US. You are aware it takes approximately 12 months to process the application?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
We wanna get married first before we apply but wanna know if its possible for us to get my PR without no hindrances. She’s in school right now but will finish in two weeks time. So we planning on getting married after that.
Ok, then she can sponsor you from the US once you get married.

Your current status will not be an absolute bar, but you can expect your application to be carefully scrutinized to make sure your relationship is genuine and you're not getting married for immigration reasons. If there are any red flags in your application, you can expect a delay or a denial.

Reactions: schweisy

Tomlek

Apr 26, 2019
Its genuine and both parents are aware and we got engaged last year. About the police report,thats gonna be hard

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Im from africa (nigeria) and i dont know if thats possible getting it from the state
Instead of asking a series of rapid fire questions, please do some research on the requirements of the Family Class Spousal Sponsorship.

Start here -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

You and your sponsor will have to meet all those requirements so you may as well start learning about the process now.