+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help. Visitor Visa.

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
Hi everybody,
I made an online application for Canadian visa from New York and I now they want my passport to complete the process.
The problem is that I cannot find the exact address to send it. Could you please help me with situation? Or could anyone tell me the process?
I am also wondering how much time it needs to return because I am a citizen of Turkey and my J-1 will finish on 31th of December.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elifirem90 said:
Hi everybody,
I made an online application for Canadian visa from New York and I now they want my passport to complete the process.
The problem is that I cannot find the exact address to send it. Could you please help me with situation? Or could anyone tell me the process?
I am also wondering how much time it needs to return because I am a citizen of Turkey and my J-1 will finish on 31th of December.
1. http://can-am.gc.ca/visas/apply-how_ny_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng
2. 2/3 weeks.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please tell when did you submit your online application and how long it took them to ask for your passport.
Thank you

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
As far as I remember, I submitted it on 4th november and they send me the approval letter on 18th.
bonitaellada said:
Can you please tell when did you submit your online application and how long it took them to ask for your passport.
Thank you

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
elifirem90 said:
As far as I remember, I submitted it on 4th november and they send me the approval letter on 18th.
Hi elifirem90,
How did you choose which consulate you applied to online? When I was applying I didn't see where to choose from LA or from NY. Or did you mean you lived in NY when applying?

I applied on TRV Nov 4, 2013 but I have not heard from mycic ever since. I am living in US and I have expired canada visa on my passport. It should be processed as we sent online application the same day !!!
I have vacations on Dec 22 and I am soooo worried!!

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
zgzjhzxhq said:
Hi elifirem90,
How did you choose which consulate you applied to online? When I was applying I didn't see where to choose from LA or from NY. Or did you mean you lived in NY when applying?

I applied on TRV Nov 4, 2013 but I have not heard from mycic ever since. I am living in US and I have expired canada visa on my passport. It should be processed as we sent online application the same day !!!
I have vacations on Dec 22 and I am soooo worried!!
Hi,
I just filled the form IMM5257 due to the information that my current residential address is in NY and they also wanted me to choose the closest VIC or Consulate to send the passport. Although I sent it and although they received it I still do not know when the process will end. I am also worried about it because I need to leave USA on the 31th of December.

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
elifirem90 said:
Hi,
I just filled the form IMM5257 due to the information that my current residential address is in NY and they also wanted me to choose the closest VIC or Consulate to send the passport. Although I sent it and although they received it I still do not know when the process will end. I am also worried about it because I need to leave USA on the 31th of December.
Thx elifirem90, could you please keep your timeline updated? As I would like to know the time from mailing it to getting it back. I applied on Nov 4 and I saw a lot of people got request on Nov 18(some even applied on Nov 12). But I guess I was unfortunate enough.

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
zgzjhzxhq said:
Thx elifirem90, could you please keep your timeline updated? As I would like to know the time from mailing it to getting it back. I applied on Nov 4 and I saw a lot of people got request on Nov 18(some even applied on Nov 12). But I guess I was unfortunate enough.
Sure,
I will inform you.

sp515

Nov 26, 2013
can someone following this post tell us what all documents should be submitted along with passport? and are there any fees we need to pay in DD or MO form?

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
sp515 said:
can someone following this post tell us what all documents should be submitted along with passport? and are there any fees we need to pay in DD or MO form?
if you apply online make sure you need to attach a copy of pp request letter in your mail along with your pp.

elifirem90

Nov 19, 2013
zgzjhzxhq said:
Hi,

On Nov 30, I received my passport.

Best.