+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need help guys

Rock1974

Jul 14, 2011
I will be graduating next May, and my major is geology and geophysics in one of the American universities, with good experience in oil industry. I looked at the occupations list and did not find any opening for such qualification! Should I apply or just forget about it! I am really looking for an advice! Luck

wznzu

Nov 8, 2011
If your occupation is not on the list you could apply if you have a job offer or move to Canada on a student visa and then apply from Canada itself...

Rock1974

Jul 14, 2011
I will have my PhD next May, so a student visa is not an option. In addition, I do not have a job offer from within Canada? so is it worth it to submit an application and pay the fees even if my occupation is not listed. Thanks for the advice

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Rock1974 said:
I will have my PhD next May, so a student visa is not an option. In addition, I do not have a job offer from within Canada? so is it worth it to submit an application and pay the fees even if my occupation is not listed. Thanks for the advice
Unfortunately, you CANNOT Apply if your Job is not in the list or you dont have job offer. They will just send back the application.

Read this, please:

devilhimselff said:
First go to this site and see if your Job is given in the List, if not you are not elligible to apply as Federal Skilled worker. But can only apply if you have a Job offer from Canada:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

IF your Job is in the List, then check the below website and see if you have performed 70-80% of the given duties of that particular Job, enter the code you picked from the above List (that represents your job) and enter in the search:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx

IF you are elligible, then Download and read this guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

Then take a Test to see if you make the 67 Points:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Education.asp

Then see the Check List for Documents:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

This will give you a detailed and clear view of where you stand and what to arrange for.

Rock1974

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks for the valuable information. However, I just read one of the comments in this forum stating that under the Quebec skilled program you do not have to have your qualification job in the occupation list? is that true and also I checked with attorney and said that I should be eligible for this program. I s he saying the truth? or just want me to spend money??..thanks

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
There is a thread esp for Quebec Applicants. Pls search for it in the home page. They may guide you better.

Also there is a new quota for PHD that has been opened. Go to the CIC website. It has all the details. Equip yourself with all the information from the uder friendly and comprehensive CIC website.

Rock1974 said:
Thanks for the valuable information. However, I just read one of the comments in this forum stating that under the Quebec skilled program you do not have to have your qualification job in the occupation list? is that true and also I checked with attorney and said that I should be eligible for this program. I s he saying the truth? or just want me to spend money??..thanks