+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help calculating my work experience for Express Entry. Thank you.

Newbie90

Nov 9, 2019
Hi Friends,

I am new to the process and I have been reading a lot about it. I would really appreciate it if you could help me confirm my years of work experience in context of the Express Entry criteria.

1) Jan 1st 2015 to Jul 31st 2014 - Full-time Intern
2) Aug 1st 2014 to Jul 3rd 2015 - Full-time Permanent ( at the same company as above, in India)
Fast forward a few years (took a two year break for postgraduate studies.)
3) Jul 2017 to Present - Full time Permanent. (working abroad - not Canada)

Both (1) and (2) were at the same company. Both were full-time - first few months as an intern and later as a developer (I have an experience letter for each). After reaching through the criteria I think I have a decent idea of what the total should be. But I just wanted to confirm.

Any thoughts on the matter would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You seem to have the dates wrong on 1). Seems to me that if you combine 1) and 2) it makes 1 year at least. For sure you have at least 2 years because of 3). I am in the same spot at the moment, determining my total work experience abroad.

Newbie90

Nov 9, 2019
You seem to have the dates wrong on 1). Seems to me that if you combine 1) and 2) it makes 1 year at least. For sure you have at least 2 years because of 3). I am in the same spot at the moment, determining my total work experience abroad.
Thank you so much for your reply.

And you are right. For (1) the dates were wrong. I have corrected them below.
1) Jan 1st 2014 to Jul 31st 2014 - Full-time Intern
2) Aug 1st 2014 to Jul 3rd 2015 - Full-time Permanent ( at the same company as above, in India)
Fast forward a few years (took a two year break for postgraduate studies.)
3) Jul 2017 to Present - Full time Permanent. (working abroad - not Canada)

Last edited:

Newbie90

Nov 9, 2019
What I mainly wanted to know is, even if my internship is ignored does my 11 months in India (point (2)) + 2.5 years work experience abroad (Not in Canada, point (3)) constitute 3 years of work experience?

I appreciate an input from anyone out there on this matter. I am truly thankful to you'll helping me out.