+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help advice regarding my study permit application

Nightgalee

Nov 12, 2023
Hello everyone!

I have applied for study visa 2 months ago, I have showed 42,000 CAD deposited in Canadian bank account set aside for my school funds and I have mentioned my uncle living in Canada can sponsor me especially with living expenses it’s covered. I can live in his home I won’t pay for rent, electricity, food, water…

But unfortunately I got rejected because

“-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)
-Insufficient evidence of relationship with sponsor”

Now I would like to reapply again
My uncle will Add 20,000 CAD more, so with 42,000 my personal funds before it’ll amount to 62,000 CAD. And he will write a letter of support with his signature
And regarding evidence of relationship I’m thinking on sending my mom’s passport & my uncle passport, full name’s demonstrating they are indeed siblings.

Do you think it’s enough to answer their concerns & get approval, what more can I do ??

And my tuition estimation mentioned is on average 35,000$ yearly

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have applied for study visa 2 months ago, I have showed 42,000 CAD deposited in Canadian bank account set aside for my school funds and I have mentioned my uncle living in Canada can sponsor me especially with living expenses it’s covered. I can live in his home I won’t pay for rent, electricity, food, water…

“-Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)

My uncle will Add 20,000 CAD more, so with 42,000 my personal funds before it’ll amount to 62,000 CAD. And he will write a letter of support with his signature
And regarding evidence of relationship I’m thinking on sending my mom’s passport & my uncle passport, full name’s demonstrating they are indeed siblings.

Do you think it’s enough to answer their concerns & get approval, what more can I do ??

How many years is your program? Your uncle (not considered a family member) stating that he will cover living expenses is not counted. You still need to show the funds for living expenses. Your uncle is not an immediate nor extended family member. Him dumping money in your account is a big red flag and you will have to tell where the money comes from. Convenient that you are going to a school near his house.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

If your tuition 35k you don’t even have the 10k you need to show for living expenses even if living expenses tend to be much higher than 10k. There are cases where there are disagreements between family members so you should be able to show that you’d be able to fund your living expenses if you had to move out. Is this a 1 year program? They

Reactions: Nightgalee

Nightgalee

Nov 12, 2023
How many years is your program? Your uncle (not considered a family member) stating that he will cover living expenses is not counted. You still need to show the funds for living expenses. Your uncle is not an immediate nor extended family member. Him dumping money in your account is a big red flag and you will have to tell where the money comes from. Convenient that you are going to a school near his house.
The program is for 4 years. Why is my uncle sponsoring me not counted ? He is giving 20,000 for support of my school, it came from his personal funds. He wrote a letter mentioning he’s sponsoring me, I don’t know why they would think it’s him dumping money in my account.

So it’s more than 60,000 now, I’m also showing for living expenses, aren’t I??

Nightgalee

Nov 12, 2023
If your tuition 35k you don’t even have the 10k you need to show for living expenses even if living expenses tend to be much higher than 10k. There are cases where there are disagreements between family members so you should be able to show that you’d be able to fund your living expenses if you had to move out. Is this a 1 year program? They
It’s 4 year program. I understood their rejection they want me to also show for living expenses regardless if I’m living with a family member or not.
They want 35,000 tuition + 10,000 living expenses = 45,000

Now it’s more than 60,000 after my uncle added 20k. Do you think it’s enough financially? Do I have to pay for the semester to prove to them ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It’s 4 year program. I understood their rejection they want me to also show for living expenses regardless if I’m living with a family member or not.

Now it’s more than 60,000 after my uncle added 20k. Do you think it’s enough financially? Do I have to pay for the semester to prove to them ?
Generally IRCC wants to see that you have paid your first semester tuition.

Also, because your program is four years and relatively expensive, you will want to show evidence of where the funds for your future year tuition and living expenses will come from. For example, assuming this will come from your parents' future income, you should show evidence of their income.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The program is for 4 years. Why is my uncle sponsoring me not counted ? He is giving 20,000 for support of my school, it came from his personal funds. He wrote a letter mentioning he’s sponsoring me, I don’t know why they would think it’s him dumping money in my account.

So it’s more than 60,000 now, I’m also showing for living expenses, aren’t I??
Because sometimes , as we’ve seen here in the past there can be a disagreement between the sponsor and the individual and they pull their funding . Happens more than you think. Then the student cannot fund there way , and end up as a destitute student. That’s why

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So your tuition is around $140k. So a total of about $200k. Where is all that money coming from? Your parents need to show their income/bank accounts. Your uncle can pull support at anytime and he is not considered an immediate or extended family member. He has no obligation to fund your education. A letter of sponsorship has no legal requirement for him to support you. The moment you get to Canada, he can say I am not supporting you or I have no income to help you. And he is dumping money into your account because you didn’t earn it and you must show where the money is coming from. If you don’t show that your parents can support tuition in year two then you need to take out a loan or save up another year or two. Showing just enough for one year is not enough. IRCC thinks you will be destitute by year 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone!

You should use the 20K your uncle is promising you as part of your first-year tuition. Use the receipt of payment of tuition + rest of your money in your bank account.

Reactions: Fizhér and scylla