+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advise from experts -Urgently

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Experts plz advise how to improve my reading score for general IELTS TEST. i am extremely worried.As the TestS i DID cambridge books 3 to 7, i m unable to get the score , even above 50 % in reading . CAN ANYONE HELP ???
MY TEST IS ON JUNE 26TH.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Gravity said:
Experts plz advise how to improve my reading score for general IELTS TEST. i am extremely worried.As the TestS i DID cambridge books 3 to 7, i m unable to get the score , even above 50 % in reading . CAN ANYONE HELP ???
MY TEST IS ON JUNE 26TH.
Well...keep trying. I suggest to use YOU TUBE Website as well for preparation. There is lots of stuff over there
Ashraf

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
when attempting reading portion, dont try to read each and every word. just skim through the text. and then move towards the questions. through skimming you will get an idea that what is the crux of each paragraph, you can then locate your answers within them them.

regards

P

pareshvm

Tips for Reading:-

1) Read the questions first ( starting 2 to 3 questions)
2) Then read the Heading or Paragraph
3) If heading is given, you can directly link the question to that heading and search in that paragraph.
4) Then again read the questions first and answer them accordingly.
5) you need to go reverse way ( read questions & then answers)

I am not expert in IELTS but have scored 6.50 in reading.

This is the basic things to be done. By meantime, read the newspaper or magazines.

Regards

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
Gravity said:
MY TEST IS ON JUNE 26TH.
Hi Gravity, I got a Band 9 in reading. Don't worry, reading is probably the easiest section. The more tricky ones are the listening and speaking - and to an extent, the writing.

Don't waste too much time in the beginning, reading each word and trying to memorize things. Just read the content once so that you get a basic understanding of it. When you get to the questions, you will then be able to easily locate which paragraph the answer is in. Answer only what is asked. No more, no less. READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY. Sometimes, it is a trick question, because changing the question by even one word can change the meaning entirely.

Be alert and once again, read the question carefully!!

Good luck!

Drea

alvs

Star Member
Oct 12, 2009
DEVELOP A MEMORY FOR ENGLISH
In the Reading Test, it pays to remember as much as you can of what you have just read, but at least the words can be read again. However, in the Listening Test you cannot go back, and the tape is only played once. If the answer comes before the keyword/phrase, your memory of what you have just heard is even more important. Nevertheless, the answer usually follows the keywords/phrases that you hear, and is close in time to the main keyword/phrase you are listening for.

if any one like to speaking ,writing,listening practice and reading strategies session with live trainer you can contact me at tomy_nice2000 @ yahoo.com or visit http://onlineieltshelp.blogspot.com for more details

Thanks
Raj

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hey Gravity,

Dont worry about your low scores. When you do a reading comprehension after a long time, you are bound to get be low on practice.

Also, check when you are attempting the reading practice tests from the Cambridge books – if you are attempting Academic or General. Academic is little more difficult then general.

As of General, identify the problem you are facing :

1. Time constraint – You are unable to finish the reading on time
2. Unable to find the answers

If it is TIME, then try these :
1. Do the last essay(the longest one) first
2. Read, but read fast. That means to say, don’t try to read word for word.
3. Skim fast. Don’t try to memorize or remember word to word.
4. You read to just understand the general context.
5. On completing the passage attempt the questions.
6. It would be difficult to recollect the answers to most questions : and that is why you might have to re-scan the passage.
7. You should be successful in your attempt when you scan the passage for the answers.
8. Please note : the answers to the questions of the last passage is not straight forward, you might have to make some conclusions based on the content.
If you are unable to find answers :
Don’t bother : Complete all the easy questions first : then attempt the difficult and less obvious ones later.
Practice keeping a stop-watch : and race against time to find the answers : If you get 30 out of 40 you are good to go.

Hope this helps

Last-Illusion

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Hi Drea , thanks for the advise.
I guess u r from english speaking country , which I m not.
so it does makes the difference.

regards

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
Last-Illusion said:
Hi Drea , thanks for the advise.
I guess u r from english speaking country , which I m not.
so it does makes the difference.

regards
Actually, I'm from India! :)

Last-Illusion

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Hello all ,

Today I got the result :

 L 5
 R 5.5
 W 6
 S 7.5

I am not happy about my listenning test . I practiced the most , is the listenning module, got distracted and air condition hovering above my head - I m worried . what shud I do ?? have to submit my full documents in Aug 2010.

though in 1998 I got the immigration when my interview and english test was waived off.

Now what ?? i have been traveling extensively around the world , have worked in multinational company been to canada twice, keeping all these things in view thinkin shud i retake the test or submit this result?
EXPERTS PLZ ADVISE???????????????????????????

VERY WORRIED