+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need a clear answer - I am so desperate Please

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Hi I know i posted before about this but i have heard and seen different things.

1. This week my wife received a letter from CPC-Vegreville saying She has been approved as my Sponsor etc.

My question is can i apply for an open work permit based on that letter alone.

My Case is In-Land and is at Vegreville.

OR Do i have to wait till i receive a letter specifically in my name.

The only reason i am asking is that i have seen conflicting things.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I would call the |CIC call centre tomorrow morning. They should be able to tell you if you personally need an AIP letter or if your wives is sufficient.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people, myself included, send the open work permit along with their initial applicaition. You do not have to wait to apply. You will recieve it when you get AIP but why wait to get AIP to send it, it will only add more time. Go ahead and send it now. No worries. ;)

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
See i do not understand this letter that came for my wife means they accepted our marriage to be genuine, its just i need an AIP in my own name according to my lawyer. Its not a big deal so they say as they proved our relationship to be genuine which it is of course. I will send my Work permit shortly. Thanks,

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
If you did not send an Open Work Permit with your initial application, then you will still be unable to work when the AIP letter arrives.

Firstly, your wife being approved as the sponsor DOES NOT guarantee you will get the AIP. At this stage, CIC may well transfer your file to your local immigration office and you will be requested to attend an interview. Depending on which area office, this could take 6 months or more. During that time, you are still classed as a visitor and unable to work.

If, however you do receive the AIP letter, you can apply for an OWP. This costs 150 dollars and you need to send the forms to Vegreville.

Typically, although I have not checked the time lines on the CIC website recently, this will take approx 4/6 weeks. Only upon getting the work visa, will you be able to apply for your SIN and gain employment.

If you did apply for the OWP at application, this will be sent with the AIP letter and you just apply for your SIN. Alternatively, you could always try and get a job with a LMO.

I hope that clarifies any confusion.

Alcantara

Sep 30, 2010
You can go ahead an apply for an open work permit - There will most probably be not interview for you, you should be fine if you meet all the other requirements. Some people apply for the open work permit along with the Sponsorship application.

PS: The first approval stage doesn't not mean that you will get your PR but it certainly means everything is going well.

Best of luck!

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
So what is this that i got from the immigration, cause my Lawyer is saying it is extremely good, and that in the letter it did not mention anything about my file being transferred to a local office.

The letter came from Vegreville said

"The PR Application will be processed seperately and the client will hear from this office shortly"

Whole honestly i dont care anymore if i get PR or not really sick and tired of this dragged out process i just want a simple yes or no.

If no then me and the wife pack our stuff and head to the UK. I have been in the immigration wayyy too long now.

Appreciate everyones comments

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
sasmak said:
So what is this that i got from the immigration, cause my Lawyer is saying it is extremely good, and that in the letter it did not mention anything about my file being transferred to a local office.

The letter came from Vegreville said

"The PR Application will be processed seperately and the client will hear from this office shortly"

Whole honestly i dont care anymore if i get PR or not really sick and tired of this dragged out process i just want a simple yes or no.

If no then me and the wife pack our stuff and head to the UK. I have been in the immigration wayyy too long now.

Appreciate everyones comments

We all have/had moments like this.

Hang in there.

UK immigration can be just as long and stressful.

I am sure everything is fine, AIP will come, you will send off the work visa application, 6 weeks you will have a shiny visa and SIN number, at the latest, 6 months you will have your COPR.

You are half way there, keep strong.

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Hi Angel,

Thanks i appreciate that, its just so much hassle you kinda wonder if its all worth it in the end really.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
From what I've seen UK immigration is just as bad. I had my husband go through all the UK immigration first to come and live with me in UK, until we realised it was just way too hard for him to get a job here, and so he has to work in Canada and then we have to do it all over again for me to live in Canada.

Its a mine field, and at least this way you have lots of support via this forum, wish I had something like this when I was applying for him to come and live with me in UK.