+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I much time we have to wait for get awnser

mich21

Jul 7, 2009
Valleyfield, Qc. Canada
In march my wife apply for permanent resident but we dont have reply from CTD Vegreville. I am canadian and my wife chinese for the moment she get a visitor visas and we apply for extention of this visas in april (also no news) can somebody know i much time we need to wait? or some information for contact immigration canada? Thank you

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Inland applications through Vegreville take 12-18 months to finalize - and you shouldn't expect to hear anything from them for at least 6-7 months after they receive the application when they finally open your paperwork and make a decision on first stage approval. So you're looking at about October before they even look at your ap.

If anything is irregular about your application, CPC-Vegreville will transfer it to your local CIC office for processing and that can change the timeline.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
You still have until next week. Try to call them and see if they can tell you anything. If you don't hear anything I guess you have up to 90 days for restoration status from the expiry day if I'm not mistaken.

soldier123

May 6, 2009
Hi mich21,

I am also in inland process and I sent on March. They are still processing visa extensions received up to March 10, 2009,
so as you said you applied on April you will wait about 104 days to get an answer. They also delayed to give my visa extension
and I got about one month and a half with no status, they say that you have a implied status when you are applying for Permanent Resident through a sponsor in Canada, this means that your wife won't be an illegal in Canada until receive visa extension answer. They usually grants more 6 months on visitor visa and the current time for receive a first answer about
the sponsorship is 5-6 months, so in August we will get some news.

You should call CIC to get your client ID number, and also ask about the visa extensions.
phone number: 1 888 242‑2100
To verify how long it may take to process your case:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp

good luck with your application.
all the best!

mich21

Jul 7, 2009
Valleyfield, Qc. Canada
hello every one, i got the answer: they called and told us that they cant find out our immigration application file! in my mind i have the first reaction: my wife's application file LOST???

the case is : i am canadian citizen, my wife is Chinese passport holder. This January my wife (at that moment we had not yet married) came to Canada with visitor visa, we sent family class sponsor immigration apllication (in-land application) to BC office in early March. we sent the application file by registered post for sure it can be delivered and NEVER LOST! we checked on the post office webpage about the file, the webpage showed us that out that our application file has been delivered to the BC immigration office 2 days later. so we started to wait for the File Number (FN), but we got no news. in June we got married, so we sent the marriage document to BC office as added documents to my application, this time we sent the marriage document by normal parcel. 2 days later, i got a phone call from the BC immigration office with the news that they have not yet got our application document we sent in early March, only got our marriage document we sent by normal parcel in early July! i told them we had sent out the file and on the post office webpage we can see the delivery detail about our file, the name of the person who recieved the file with the specific time. i was required to send them the post offie recipt with the post number.
then i faxed the BC office our file parcel recipt to the number that the BC office gave me.
Till now 2 week later after i faxed them the paper 2 times, i got no news again!
it really make me worry.
are there any person have been through this kind of case?
can anyone tell me something about this kind of thing……

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mich21 said:
hello every one, i got the answer: they called and told us that they cant find out our immigration application file! in my mind i have the first reaction: my wife's application file LOST???

the case is : i am canadian citizen, my wife is Chinese passport holder. This January my wife (at that moment we had not yet married) came to Canada with visitor visa, we sent family class sponsor immigration apllication (in-land application) to BC office in early March. we sent the application file by registered post for sure it can be delivered and NEVER LOST! we checked on the post office webpage about the file, the webpage showed us that out that our application file has been delivered to the BC immigration office 2 days later. so we started to wait for the File Number (FN), but we got no news. in June we got married, so we sent the marriage document to BC office as added documents to my application, this time we sent the marriage document by normal parcel. 2 days later, i got a phone call from the BC immigration office with the news that they have not yet got our application document we sent in early March, only got our marriage document we sent by normal parcel in early July! i told them we had sent out the file and on the post office webpage we can see the delivery detail about our file, the name of the person who recieved the file with the specific time. i was required to send them the post offie recipt with the post number.
then i faxed the BC office our file parcel recipt to the number that the BC office gave me.
Till now 2 week later after i faxed them the paper 2 times, i got no news again!
it really make me worry.
are there any person have been through this kind of case?
can anyone tell me something about this kind of thing......
1. Why did you send the application to the BC office, inland sponsorships go to Vegreville? It is probably somewhere in the Vancouver office, trying to figure out what you are doing.

PMM

mich21

Jul 7, 2009
Valleyfield, Qc. Canada
it is AB office to where we have sent the documents.
we have sent the document to AB office. till now no reply.
Some of my friends ask me to wait for one more month.
any suggestion to u? thank you very much!

mich21

Jul 7, 2009
Valleyfield, Qc. Canada
Hello all,
Finally we get anwser from CIC we receive extention visas and also they want the medical examination for the permanent resident. Thank you to all reply to this topic and good luck to the peaple are in the same situation of us.