+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Mistook Full time work experience before I apply PGWP after graduated.

Mococok

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi always thank you for your advice and help, I got the invitation and I applying PR in EE.

I have a concern because I worked full-time ( as a self-employed) for about 1 month and 1 week before I applied for PGWP after I graduated.

At that time, I didn't know and was confused about my working visa which is a co-up visa.

I thought and believed that I could work full-time with the permit until the expiry date even after I graduate.

When I applied for the PGWP, I knew that I mistook it.

Someone said I shouldn't include this work experience when I apply PR and someone said I should include it not to hide anything.

I choose to include it, even if adding this work experience doesn't affect my score.

I gathered some documents which are a letter, Invoices, T4a, and NOA.

I plan to include a Letter of Explanation for this case.

I am extremely worried about it.

Can I get the PR?

Anyone has experience related to this case or knows about this case.

Give me any advice.

Thank you very much for your guy's advice and help

I will remember your advice and help.

MooseTapeSeason

Star Member
May 19, 2021
You are applying under which category in EE?
Are you earning points for work you did full time before applying for pgwp?
if you are not earning any points forthat work then there is no reason to disclose this info to IRCC? Actually there is no field to mention part time work or full time work if you are not earning points. You can just put that in personal history that requires your position and employee name.
Also when they issued you pgwp they are required to see if you complied with all laws of your study permit. Hence I think mentioning it would land you in more trouble than putting it in personal history.

Mococok

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
You are applying under which category in EE?
Are you earning points for work you did full time before applying for pgwp?
if you are not earning any points forthat work then there is no reason to disclose this info to IRCC? Actually there is no field to mention part time work or full time work if you are not earning points. You can just put that in personal history that requires your position and employee name.
Also when they issued you pgwp they are required to see if you complied with all laws of your study permit. Hence I think mentioning it would land you in more trouble than putting it in personal history.

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I submitted it already and I am in CEC. Canadian experience class in the express entry.

I thought about what should I did, and I decided to include all information in work history because I already filled out the information from EE profile and

I was more scared to be considered to try hide, so I put all the information including invoices, pay slips, a letter from the company, and bank statement at

that time because I worked as a self-employeed and NOA and T4A.

I wrote a letter "I apologize and I really didn't know at that time and I put this in work history to show my honesty and not for claiming a score and I

apologize for my mistake. and it doesn't affect my score as well because I have already more than 2years but less than 3 years of experience from other

companies except for this work experience.

I hope it works. People who just graduated and started to work have an opportunity to get a PR. I have more experienced and I didn't intended to break

the law. what I can do is to pray.

Thank you for your answer.

Deepztt

Aug 28, 2024
Hi, thank you for your answer.

I submitted it already and I am in CEC. Canadian experience class in the express entry.

I thought about what should I did, and I decided to include all information in work history because I already filled out the information from EE profile and

I was more scared to be considered to try hide, so I put all the information including invoices, pay slips, a letter from the company, and bank statement at

that time because I worked as a self-employeed and NOA and T4A.

I wrote a letter "I apologize and I really didn't know at that time and I put this in work history to show my honesty and not for claiming a score and I

apologize for my mistake. and it doesn't affect my score as well because I have already more than 2years but less than 3 years of experience from other

companies except for this work experience.

I hope it works. People who just graduated and started to work have an opportunity to get a PR. I have more experienced and I didn't intended to break

the law. what I can do is to pray.

Thank you for your answer.
Just want to check if you got your PR and was there any inquiry on the same from IRCC