+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I met CEC requirements without one year experience

Boggschow

Dec 16, 2022
Hi. This thread seems to be similar to my issue. I’ve a query regarding my EE profile. I’ve been working in IT from Dec 2020 on PGWP. This year, I had to take 2 months unpaid leave due to emergency and travelled to India with employers permission. I entered the EE pool this November. Score was 482.

By this December, Canadian work experience is increased to 2 by the incremental counter and score went up to 507. If I receive ITA in the next draw, would this create an issue due to those 2 unpaid months (Payroll is generated for 0$)?

Hoping to get an answer from here. Thanks in advance.

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
Hi. This thread seems to be similar to my issue. I’ve a query regarding my EE profile. I’ve been working in IT from Dec 2020 on PGWP. This year, I had to take 2 months unpaid leave due to emergency and travelled to India with employers permission. I entered the EE pool this November. Score was 482.

By this December, Canadian work experience is increased to 2 by the incremental counter and score went up to 507. If I receive ITA in the next draw, would this create an issue due to those 2 unpaid months (Payroll is generated for 0$)?

UNPAID experience doesnt count in CEC.

Reactions: canuck78

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Yea those 2 months won't make up to your experience.