08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi all,

I just received my CRS score...449. Historically, the lowest score for an ITA has been 450. I already have maximum points for language, age, and I have two degrees or more. Unfortunately, out of my nearly 4 years of work experience, the first year and 2 months did not count because of the NOC code I started with, so I failed to reach the "3 years or more" points and stayed at "1 to 2 years." This deducted the score I thought I'd receive by 25 points.
Apart from obtaining a Master's Degree and/or waiting to have 3 years of experience, is there anything I can do at this time? Should I maybe look into applying for some of the Provincial Programs? It would be a bummer if the next round of invitations stopped at 450 when I'm at 449 :-[

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Intezaar

May 26, 2015
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

I just received my CRS score...449. Historically, the lowest score for an ITA has been 450. I already have maximum points for language, age, and I have two degrees or more. Unfortunately, out of my nearly 4 years of work experience, the first year and 2 months did not count because of the NOC code I started with, so I failed to reach the "3 years or more" points and stayed at "1 to 2 years." This deducted the score I thought I'd receive by 25 points.
Apart from obtaining a Master's Degree and/or waiting to have 3 years of experience, is there anything I can do at this time? Should I maybe look into applying for some of the Provincial Programs? It would be a bummer if the next round of invitations stopped at 450 when I'm at 449 :-[

Thanks in advance!
Suggest to hold on till new year, if you are not in a hurry to come to Canada or in a situation where your permit is about to expire. At some point the 450 has to be preached. Whenever it is, you will get ITA. In 2016 new PNP quota will also be released, hopefully 2016 targets would have come out too and the first couple of draws in the new year could be a good indicator of where EE might be going in 2016. If still does not go down below 450 then you can try for PNP.

Perfect example of so close yet so far. Feel for you

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
1. At 449, all hope is not lost. The scores should drop theoretically, but it is impossible to predict how soon. So you definitely have a chance.
2. At 449, Ontario might invite you to apply for OINP. Keep looking out for the PT.
3. You should definitely qualify for PN programs for EE, SINP (Saskatchewan) is a very good example. Check their website to make sure your NOC is listed. They are closed now, but should open in January. I would advise you create your profile on OASIS and prepare your documents. Lots of people rush SINP so it gets filled up quickly. Check the PN section of the forum.
4. There are other provinces that are also open that you can get information on. Manitoba requires you to have a connection to the province. Other provinces may have other requirements.

Overall, i think you have a very good chance.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
VictorCA said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Are you married or single?
1. If married, you can ask your spouse to sit for IELTS exam, he/she can contribute maximum 20 point for IELTS.
2. If he/she has any bachelor or masters degree, do his/her ECA, he/she can contribute you another 10 points.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Thank you all for your replies. I sure appreciate your taking the time to respond to my post. You have definitely given me hope!

I am very excited to hear that Ontario requires 400 points to be nominated. Ontario is actually my #1 choice for living. I will be looking into what I have to do to apply for OINP. I will also look into the SINP program.

Thanks again, everyone. The best of lucks to all of us (or congratulations to those of you who are PRs already!).

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
That's very frustrating!
The good news is that with your credentials and your CRS, you should definitely get some PNPs sending out some feelers to you. Ontario especially will probably send you a PT Notification of Interest. What provinces did you indicate an interest in in your EE profile?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VictorCA said:
Thank you all for your replies. I sure appreciate your taking the time to respond to my post. You have definitely given me hope!

I am very excited to hear that Ontario requires 400 points to be nominated. Ontario is actually my #1 choice for living. I will be looking into what I have to do to apply for OINP. I will also look into the SINP program.

Thanks again, everyone. The best of lucks to all of us (or congratulations to those of you who are PRs already!).
hi victor what about your language score?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
VictorCA said:
PNP is a good possibility, esp. if you have selected Ontario.

I'll assume you either completed your degrees in Canada, or got your ECA done.

Language tests are a place where some applicants can make up some points. You can either try to increase your score (consider taking one of the other tests - if you took the IELTS, pehaps try the CELPIP?); if you have any knowledge of French, you could also take the TEF.