+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I m on Closed work permit, have applied second time application on Nov end 2023 for my spouse and children. My son is 17.5 years & daughter is 14 yrs.

Anshu1708

Nov 19, 2023
I m on Closed work permit, have applied second time application on Nov end 2023 for my spouse and children. My son is 17.5 years & daughter is 14 yrs.

I have few questions.
1. First application my agent forgot to to mention his entry on border when he was trying to drop me on Peace bridge to enter Canada where immigration officer asked to apply thru IRCC since I had work permit but stamped visa and than I applied, it got approved and I came to Canada. But Agent forgot to mention his entry in his application and it was refused due to sharing lack of information and trust.

2. I had applied on Nov 2023 end and mentioned a detailed letter for reason for the same. Agent filed single application for my spouse( open work permit) and kids ( study permit) while we are applying that time duration showed 8 weeks but today it shows 14 weeks. When do I expect application getting results. Please do guide me on the same.

3. My son is turning 18 yrs in April and I don't know whether he should appear for his board exams in India since he is in Grade 12 th in India. what to do for his education, I am confused for my son education. how to proceed from here for him..

Please guide me guys as I m new to Canada and I don't have anybody known here.

Regards
Anshu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I have few questions.
1. First application my agent forgot to to mention his entry on border when he was trying to drop me on Peace bridge to enter Canada where immigration officer asked to apply thru IRCC since I had work permit but stamped visa and than I applied, it got approved and I came to Canada. But Agent forgot to mention his entry in his application and it was refused due to sharing lack of information and trust.

2. I had applied on Nov 2023 end and mentioned a detailed letter for reason for the same. Agent filed single application for my spouse( open work permit) and kids ( study permit) while we are applying that time duration showed 8 weeks but today it shows 14 weeks. When do I expect application getting results. Please do guide me on the same.

3. My son is turning 18 yrs in April and I don't know whether he should appear for his board exams in India since he is in Grade 12 th in India. what to do for his education, I am confused for my son education. how to proceed from here for him..

Please guide me guys as I m new to Canada and I don't have anybody known here.

Regards
Anshu
He will need to apply for an international student visa and pay international fees to attend college or university. The fact that you have come to Canada creates ties to Canada for him which could lead to his study permit refusal for university or college. To attend college or university in Canada as an international student you typically have to show that you have strong ties to your home country and will return home after your studies. If he can show 20k savings and paid tuition for a year he can certainly apply. He would also have to show how he will be able to pay subsequent years of tuition. For example if tuition is 30k/yr for 4 yrs he will need to show that you already have the 30k+ living expenses to cover the full 4 years or you will be able to save that much every year to pay for his studies. This must be additional funds other than funds to support the rest of your family. It’s unclear where your family is now but given that the school year is half done and applications for university and colleges for Canadian students have already been submitted he should probably finish his schooling in India. The 8 weeks for OWP and study permit from India was not accurate. It is also unclear how you obtained this WP since a consultant seems very involved. Paying for an LMIA and job offer is not legal.

Anshu1708

Nov 19, 2023
He will need to apply for an international student visa and pay international fees to attend college or university. The fact that you have come to Canada creates ties to Canada for him which could lead to his study permit refusal for university or college. To attend college or university in Canada as an international student you typically have to show that you have strong ties to your home country and will return home after your studies. If he can show 20k savings and paid tuition for a year he can certainly apply. He would also have to show how he will be able to pay subsequent years of tuition. For example if tuition is 30k/yr for 4 yrs he will need to show that you already have the 30k+ living expenses to cover the full 4 years or you will be able to save that much every year to pay for his studies. This must be additional funds other than funds to support the rest of your family. It’s unclear where your family is now but given that the school year is half done and applications for university and colleges for Canadian students have already been submitted he should probably finish his schooling in India. The 8 weeks for OWP and study permit from India was not accurate. It is also unclear how you obtained this WP since a consultant seems very involved. Paying for an LMIA and job offer is not legal.

Thanks for your prompt reply and reply me in detail. Well I was little confused how to handle the scenario currently as I m on closed working terms with my owner where I cannot leave within a year and half. Well that was under terms before taking up the job. So my owner likes my job and has asked to apply for family after I worked for him 6 months. Well being working mother, I want my kids to accompany me here along with my husband. What you suggest on this, How to handle further.