+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence IMM 5292 before test, help!

thunderlight

Apr 5, 2013
hello guys, my test is in april 29 in scarborough, but i cant find in my files the
Confirmation of Permanent Residence IMM 5292 form, what happens if i go to the test with
only my PR card? do i have to file a complaint with the police about losing the document? thanks for your answers guys

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll have to go without it and explain that you couldn't find it. A friend of mine lost his. It took about 8 months to get a certified copy from CIC! I don't think he needed to report it to the police. The irony is that he found it after that in an envelope inside a book!! so loook every where @home and office. You probably have a scanned copy some where on your computer or email.

When you applied for citizenship you must have included it in your application .. so they already have it - i'm not sure why they ask for it to be honest. they probably want to see the original but they are the issuer of the document they could check whether it is valid in a click of a mouse.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cadvis why would you need your COPR after you become a citizen??

jrou

Aug 18, 2012
What happens if you lost ur PR card, should u get a replacement card before the oath?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ScubaC said:
Cadvis why would you need your COPR after you become a citizen??
From what I have heard, COPR is above all your legal right to stay in Canada..even if you become a citizen because apparently (as per my friend) and truly too you become citizen on the basis of that document..

I know of a case where an mid age lady from China immigrated and worked for like 25 years and when she went to get pension, they asked her for COPR because they wanted to know when did you start being a PR..she did not have that but she had saved a copy of her first pay cheque which after a lot of hassle they accepted....

plus you only get COPR once...what you get after that if misplaced is a certified copy..it's like you have birth certificate which is equivalent to COPR and then your embassy in Canada certifies your birth date but they are two different things

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
dbss said:
From what I have heard, COPR is above all your legal right to stay in Canada..even if you become a citizen because apparently (as per my friend) and truly too you become citizen on the basis of that document..

I know of a case where an mid age lady from China immigrated and worked for like 25 years and when she went to get pension, they asked her for COPR because they wanted to know when did you start being a PR..she did not have that but she had saved a copy of her first pay cheque which after a lot of hassle they accepted....

plus you only get COPR once...what you get after that if misplaced is a certified copy..it's like you have birth certificate which is equivalent to COPR and then your embassy in Canada certifies your birth date but they are two different things
Cool you answered all the questions:)

smsmsm

Apr 22, 2015
dbss said:

hi i lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) but i have a copy of it, do i need to make (Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5545)

or my copy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) can service any future needs?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
hello guys, my test is in april 29 in scarborough, but i cant find in my files the
Confirmation of Permanent Residence IMM 5292 form, what happens if i go to the test with
only my PR card? do i have to file a complaint with the police about losing the document? thanks for your answers guys
Hi i know it's been a while but right now i am in the same situation, can you tell me what happened with you
Thanks

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I had my test/interview today at Scarbrough office today. I didn't know i had to take COPR with me, I told office I don't have it with me. She didn't bother much, just asked oh what happened to it, i said its in a safety deposit box. she said its fine. So i guess it is not a big deal

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
What happens if you lost ur PR card, should u get a replacement card before the oath?
no my PR card was expired during the interview she asked me your PR card has expired have you applied for a new one. i said no. And she didn't say anything

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I had my test/interview today at Scarbrough office today. I didn't know i had to take COPR with me, I told office I don't have it with me. She didn't bother much, just asked oh what happened to it, i said its in a safety deposit box. she said its fine. So i guess it is not a big deal
Did she ask for it or you just told her you don't have it