+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just got my acceptance letter from CIC

Marake230879

Sep 28, 2018
hello everyone,

I just got my acceptance letter from CIC.

So no permit yet. What I’m wondering about is what the conditions are to be allowed to work while studying.

How do I know what restrictions are on my permit and what is it dependent of?

Thank you for any info

Marake230879

Sep 28, 2018
When did you apply for Visa. How much time it took you.
The whole process took me two years. Ielts , tefs, Wes, biometrics, ... and it cost me about 2 k USD. I did take my time for everything. I think if you can set your mind to it and have the funds, you can do things in less than a year. But exams ielts and Tef... 3 months between registering and going. 1 month between taking it and the results. Wes (can’tspeak for the others) takes at least 3 months to have your docs translated, approved, signed by the schools, sent to WES and validated. Of course that’s dependent on the services you can acces at your home base. Getting passport is quite easy here. I just required an ETa so that was fairly quick. Don’t know if you’d require a visum so I don’t know how to put a time stamp on that. You’d have to give them a prove of funds. I think you will require at least 10 K CAD to sustain yourself and the tuition money. For me that was 11 k CAD. So I can’t speak for your funds either. I do know if you don’t prove them you don’t get the permit. For the documents to be approved it took me 21 days, but I don’t need a visa. I have ETA.

Last edited:
Reactions: beawesome007

darthv

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
The whole process took me two years. Ielts , tefs, Wes, biometrics, ... and it cost me about 2 k USD. I did take my time for everything. I think if you can set your mind to it and have the funds, you can do things in less than a year. But exams ielts and Tef... 3 months between registering and going. 1 month between taking it and the results. Wes (can’tspeak for the others) takes at least 3 months to have your docs translated, approved, signed by the schools, sent to WES and validated. Of course that’s dependent on the services you can acces at your home base. Getting passport is quite easy here. I just required an ETa so that was fairly quick. Don’t know if you’d require a visum so I don’t know how to put a time stamp on that. You’d have to give them a prove of funds. I think you will require at least 10 K CAD to sustain yourself and the tuition money. For me that was 11 k CAD. So I can’t speak for your funds either. I do know if you don’t prove them you don’t get the permit. For the documents to be approved it took me 21 days, but I don’t need a visa. I have ETA.
Just curious about WES. Which institute you are going which requires you to evaluate your prev education from WES?
From what I know, its required for PR not study purposes.

Marake230879

Sep 28, 2018
Just curious about WES. Which institute you are going which requires you to evaluate your prev education from WES?
From what I know, its required for PR not study purposes.
I tried for my PR first hence Wes. But since I needed officiqlly translated diploma, Wes is a good equivalent. They have my diploma translated and it's equivalent in Canada that helps for the admission requirements

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Reactions: Marake230879