+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I haven't got PR card after waiting for 8 weeks now

Andrewht

Sep 4, 2010
Hi everyone,

I really need your advise on my case.

I landed in Vancouver on 12 Jul 2010 as a Skill Worker immigration. The immigration officers at Vancouver airport told me that I will get the PR card within 4-6 weeks after landing. But until now, I haven't got my PR card after waiting for 8+ weeks now. I tried many times to contact CIC through telephone and even at CIC office in Vancouver to know for a reason but I got different answer for the same question.
The first time, I called to CIC, a officer man told me that I should call back to CIC in 2 days later as he can not answer now.
2 days later, just for sure I came to CIC office Vancouver, a officer woman told me It should be reach my home address in 4 days later.
However, I haven't got my PR card after waited for 5 days.
and yesterday, I called back to CIC again. This time, another officer woman said I have to wait for more 2 weeks

I'm frustrated and worry about for my case . Anyone can advise me what should I do now :(

many thanks in advance
Andrewht

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't track PR card application. You wait till it arrives.

There is high volume application in process hence the delay you are experiencing. Just be patience.

Madhava

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
Hi

There are delays at times. Do not worry.

A friend of mine, got his PR card after 4 months. It could vary from case to case.

Thanks
Madhava

Andrewht said:
Hi everyone,

I landed in Vancouver on 12 Jul 2010 as a Skill Worker immigration. The immigration officers at Vancouver airport told me that I will get the PR card within 4-6 weeks after landing. But until now, I haven't got my PR card after waiting for 8+ weeks now. I tried many times to contact CIC through telephone and even at CIC office in Vancouver to know for a reason but I got different answer for the same question.
The first time, I called to CIC, a officer man told me that I should call back to CIC in 2 days later as he can not answer now.
2 days later, just for sure I came to CIC office Vancouver, a officer woman told me It should be reach my home address in 4 days later.
and yesterday, I called back to CIC again. This time, another officer woman said I have to wait for more 2 weeks

I'm frustrated and worry about for my case . Anyone can advise me what should I do now :(

many thanks in advance
Andrewht

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andrewht said:
Hi everyone,

many thanks in advance
Andrewht
PR card you get as a matter of right. When in Canada with CoPR and SIN you can work and no one asks for PR Card. Dont get frustrated, unless you are waiting for PR card to leave Canada.
I never heard about the contradictory statements made by Customer Care staff of CIC being told by you here. I hope you have called this number 1-888-242‑2100. Call again with CoPR in your hand on coming Tuesday( monday being holiday). I landed in June and received PR Card after 43 days. Called CIC number and they told be correcty about the time frame and problem ( if any). Asked about the photographs and they said ok, address ok and I got it on 43th day. I suggest give a call again on coming Tuesday.

elham13

Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
17 July 2010
I landed on 17th of July in Vancouver. I called to CIC 1-888-242‑2100, they told me our cards were sent to our address in Vancouver on 29th August. I called twice to this number and I got the same answer. I am sure just this telephone number has the correct information. still have not received the cards but I hope to have them by next Friday that I leave Canada.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elham13 said:
I landed on 17th of July in Vancouver. I called to CIC 1-888-242‑2100, they told me our cards were sent to our address in Vancouver on 29th August. I called twice to this number and I got the same answer. I am sure just this telephone number has the correct information. still have not received the cards but I hope to have them by next Friday that I leave Canada.
No canada post working on sat,sun and this monday is also holiday. It takes 3-4 days to receive PR card once it is dispatched. You will receive your shining PR cards on Tuesday or wednesday. Dont forget to say cheeers here.

Andrewht

Sep 4, 2010
Thank all friends for your comment.

I hope to have a good new in next Tue 's call to CIC (1-888-242‑2100)

You are mentioning to 43 days of PR Card processing. Is this working day or calendar day ?

thanks
ANdrewht

elham13

Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
17 July 2010
I will tell you about my cards for sure :)

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
called up cic....:( photo problem .....im waiting for their letter now to make my next move.

elham13

Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
17 July 2010
If you don't want to leave Canada(like me) soon then why you are worried? This card just works for entering to the country. I wish you the best

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
have already left...dunno when i want to come back..

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
hi,
we have also not recieved our pr card and we landed om 24 june 2010.when we called them they told us becoz of poor pic quality we have to submit new pic.we have to contact them after 11 weeks of our landing.we will submit new pic where our file is transferred so u also dont worry.
pammi