+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have submitted my passport Lastweek to VFS dubai , How long it would take to get stamp

minikyo20

Aug 4, 2023
Are they going to send it by email or with the passport? Anyway I'll ask the agent who applied for me.
I believe tomorrow you will receive msg.
i really do not have any idea but they should be sending it via e-mail, correct me if i am wrong but you cannot enter canada without this letter of introduction/port of entry letter, you have to show this letter upon entering canada and only after that they will hand over to us our work permit, i cannot find in this thread that they got this letter after receiving the notification from VFS

please refer to this link regarding the port of entry letter,

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=845

Last edited:
Reactions: aislambdc

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
When passport is being sent to the costumer or back for collection from VFS, what is the message they send and when do they usually send that (like a day before or same day)

minikyo20

Aug 4, 2023
When passport is being sent to the costumer or back for collection from VFS, what is the message they send and when do they usually send that (like a day before or same day)
they will probably sent a SMS and e-mail notification once your passport is already at the VFS, you did not choose to deliver the passport at your house?

minikyo20

Aug 4, 2023
hello everyone, i just received now the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS, it is on it's way now to VFS Abu Dhabi from IRCC Abu Dhabi, the timeline goes like this,

July 21 - submitted the passport to VFS
July 24 - IRCC Abu Dhabi received the passport
August 10 - notification received that the passport is on its way from IRCC Abu Dhabi to VFS Abu Dhabi

total days from the time IRCC received my passport was 17 days

thank you everyone for the useful information and insights, i wish that everyone will receive back their passports ASAP

best of luck on the new chapter of our lives

Last edited:
Reactions: senbliss

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
they will probably sent a SMS and e-mail notification once your passport is already at the VFS, you did not choose to deliver the passport at your house?
no , chose collection, VFS employee said that along with my urgent cover letter and proof which i sent scans of like study permit and uni letter, its better to put passport collection at the VFS.So i just followed the suggestions hopefully she was right.

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
hello everyone, i just received now the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS, it is on it's way now to VFS Abu Dhabi from IIRCC Abu Dhabi, the timeline goes like this,

August 10 - notification received that the passport is on its way from IRCC Abu Dhabi to VFS Abu Dhabi

thank you everyone for the useful information and insights, i wish that everyone will receive back their passports ASAP

many congrats bro, hate to ask all this after final confirmation , what type of visa was this and did you send or message anyone for a speed up?

minikyo20

Aug 4, 2023
many congrats bro, hate to ask all this after final confirmation , what type of visa was this and did you send or message anyone for a speed up?
thank you so much, no worries just keep asking, i still need to keep an eye in here because there's still a lot of process remaining, as for your question, i applied for work permit and no, i did not send or message anyone for a speed up

Reactions: senbliss

guzdiyen

Jul 18, 2023
Still no update for me.. submitted on 19th of July from Doha. I am supposed to travel on 15th of this month. This is really annoying..

yousam

Aug 4, 2023
hello everyone, I just received now the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS, it is on its way now to VFS Abu Dhabi from IRCC Abu Dhabi, the timeline goes like this,

July 28 - submitted the passport to VFS Dubai
July 31 - IRCC Abu Dhabi received the passport

total days from the time IRCC received my passport was 14 days

Reactions: minikyo20

guzdiyen

Jul 18, 2023
hello everyone, I just received now the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS, it is on its way now to VFS Abu Dhabi from IRCC Abu Dhabi, the timeline goes like this,

Congratulations, what time did you receive the email?

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023

Visa type?

minikyo20

Aug 4, 2023
update guys, 3 hours after i received the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS Abu Dhabi, i just got another notification that my passport is already with VFS Abu Dhabi and they already gave it to the courier

aislambdc

Jul 30, 2023
hello everyone, i just received now the SMS and e-mail notification from VFS, it is on it's way now to VFS Abu Dhabi from IRCC Abu Dhabi, the timeline goes like this,

Congratulations buddy. It's basically 21 days from the day you submit your passport to VFS.

Reactions: minikyo20