+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I HAVE SCORED 423 POINTS ,HOW CAN I INCREASE MY CHANCES TO BE SELECTED FOR PR

naisha786

Mar 25, 2015
DEAR FRIENDS
I HAVE SCORED 423 POINTS AND CURRENTLY LIVE IN INDIA. HOW CAN I INCREASE MY CHANCES TO BE SELECTED FOR PR CARD .
MY PROFESSION IS MARKETING AND HAVE WORKED IN THE US FOR 7 YEARS AND IN INDIA FOR 6 YEARS IN MARKETING,MARKET RESEARCH AND CATEGORY MANAGEMENT.
MY APPLICATION IN THE EXPRESS ENTRY IS LIVE SINCE JULY 2015,BUT HAVE NO LUCK. HOW CAN INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING SELECTED BY PROVINCES. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Here are your options sorted by increasing difficulty:
  • Some people say, that turning caps-lock off increases chances to get PR. You could try that and report results.
  • Increase IELTS scores
  • Learn French
  • Apply for provincial nomination
  • Get LMIA
  • Get Canadian experience through other visas (like canadian experience class visa)
  • Get Masters degree
  • Marry a girl from Canada

89robinm

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015 -->Medical received
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 11- 2016
LANDED..........
March 30 - 2016
naisha786 said:
DEAR FRIENDS
I HAVE SCORED 423 POINTS AND CURRENTLY LIVE IN INDIA. HOW CAN I INCREASE MY CHANCES TO BE SELECTED FOR PR CARD .
MY PROFESSION IS MARKETING AND HAVE WORKED IN THE US FOR 7 YEARS AND IN INDIA FOR 6 YEARS IN MARKETING,MARKET RESEARCH AND CATEGORY MANAGEMENT.
MY APPLICATION IN THE EXPRESS ENTRY IS LIVE SINCE JULY 2015,BUT HAVE NO LUCK. HOW CAN INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING SELECTED BY PROVINCES. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE
I believe you have your ECA done. May be you can try increasing your IELTS score? And if you are married, you can tell your spouse to have ECA and IELTS.
And BTW, you should be getting PNP nomination as your score is above 400.

naisha786

Mar 25, 2015
Please advise procedure for PNP nomination

Once again Thanks for the insights. My wife has taken her IELTS and scored 7 on the same.
I believe i will earn additional 5 points if i get her qualifications done.
Can you please advise procedure for PNP nomination.Once again appreciate your kind advise
regards
sameer

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Some people say, that turning caps-lock off increases chances to get PR. You could try that and report results
Lol, that cracked me up :D Good one.

I see too many posts written all in caps here on the forum. It is just plain rude and is the same as somebody yelling. at the top of their lungs. at you. on your computer's screen.

I am sure the OP didn't mean to offend anyone, but please refrain from typing in a post with caps lock on.

And as suggested by others, you should get your PT interest notification soon. If you don't, recreate your profile and wait for it. And yes, you will get extra points for your spouse's language skills, education, and work experience (Canadian only).

All the best!

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
  • quarko said:
    • Some people say, that turning caps-lock off increases chances to get PR. You could try that and report results.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

naisha786

Mar 25, 2015
Didn't realize Upper Caps can be iritating.Well I hope we get nominated. Its been 5 months since our application.
Once again Thanks for your insights ,I am 39 now and need to establish myself in Canada .The sooner the better.
:)

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
naisha786 said:
DEAR FRIENDS
My advice would be "apply for a provincial nomination". My score was 446 and I applied for Ontario Nomination. That was the reason I got ITA and now my PR application is in process. I am really glad that I applied for PNP. I would suggest you the same.

Have you received the Letter of Interest from Ontario? Explore other provincial nomination programs as well. Good luck!

naisha786

Mar 25, 2015
No I haven't received any Letter of Interest from Ontario. Can my consultant re apply only to Ontario .I prefer BC. What are my chances to get chosen for BC.
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naisha786 said:
No I haven't received any Letter of Interest from Ontario. Can my consultant re apply only to Ontario .I prefer BC. What are my chances to get chosen for BC.
Thanks
Without a job offer, zero.

sathappanm

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Asivad,

Can one get a OINP without a job offer? The CIC website says "No". But I see some people mentioning that they did get nominated by Ontario without the offer and with score around 400. Is this possible?

Asivad Anac said:
Without a job offer, zero.

redd456

Sep 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-16
AOR Received.
19-01-16
Med's Done....
26-01-16
naisha786 said:
DEAR FRIENDS
You could get Ontario PNP nomination if you upload a new profile and mention the province of choice to live in as ONTARIO. One of my friend from india got PNP nomination. Then its easier