+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have PR and my fiancee has visitors visa....

bsam

Jan 27, 2015
Hello
I have permanent resident status in canada. My fiancee has visitors visa which is valid till 2017. She visited canada once in 2014. We will be getting married this year.
My question is, can she come along with me to canada with her visitors visa while I hold Permanent resident status ? Will the Airport border immigration raise any concerns/issues on this ?

Thank you
Your suggestions/advices/info will be appreciated.

bsam

MissMo

Feb 3, 2015
Hi bsam,
If your fiance has a visitors visa that is valid then she has the right to visit Canada. Of course she will get the usual questions about why she is visiting, who she is visiting and for how long.
Preference is that visitors have a return ticket booked proving that they are not planning on staying in Canada permanently.

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Hi Bsam,

I was in a similar situation last year. I came to Canada on a visitor visa and got married to my husband who is a Canadian citizen. I currently reside in Canada with him on a visitor status while I work on my PR paperwork.

I did not have a problem at the airport however, I did not display any signs of moving permanently. I traveled with only one bag and had the rest of my family bring the rest. When asked my purpose of visit, I mentioned that I was visiting family. Again, this worked in my favor because I do have a lot of family in Canada and have visited before. I'm not sure how it would work if you mention you are getting married and she plans to reside in Canada. I'm sure someone more knowledgable on this subject can piggyback off what I said.

Good luck!