+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have applied work permit before it expires, but I need to leave town...

lomanda

Mar 2, 2019
Hi All,

I have my post gradate work permit, and it comes with two years only. Because the permit will be expired when my passport is going to expire. However, i got my new passport now and my PGWP is still valid. While I am waiting for my extended PGWP can I still leave canada?

I can come back when my permit is still valid, my question is would it be a trouble if i leave canada.

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have my post gradate work permit, and it comes with two years only. Because the permit will be expired when my passport is going to expire. However, i got my new passport now and my PGWP is still valid. While I am waiting for my extended PGWP can I still leave canada?

I can come back when my permit is still valid, my question is would it be a trouble if i leave canada.

Thanks,
Hi

You can leave. If you require a TRV, make sure it is valid for your return.

If you return to Canada after your current PGWP has expired and prior to your extension app being approved, you will not be allowed to work.

lomanda

Mar 2, 2019
Hi

You can leave. If you require a TRV, make sure it is valid for your return.

If you return to Canada after your current PGWP has expired and prior to your extension app being approved, you will not be allowed to work.
Thank you so much!