+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have alot of questions about a study permit.

Oct 31, 2019
So I have looked on the website and these are my questions that I couldn't find answers to and I hope someone can help. I'm a Mexican citizen . I got approved for my ETA a couple of months back. I was worried because I have an arrest from the united states back in 2006. This was dismissed after I completed a program. I declared this on my ETA aswell as submitted my FBI check. All was good but I'm worried it may cause issues for my study permit. All over 10 years ago. Ok my other question is my tuition in total is 11,000 canadian and I have 21,000 canadian in my account saved. Will this be enough for approval, and if not how much more do I need? Also if I get approved after my studies for a PGWP do I have to work in my same field of study and do I also have to remain in the province in which I studied??? If you read all this I really appreciate it!!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
So I have looked on the website and these are my questions that I couldn't find answers to and I hope someone can help. I'm a Mexican citizen . I got approved for my ETA a couple of months back. I was worried because I have an arrest from the united states back in 2006. This was dismissed after I completed a program. I declared this on my ETA aswell as submitted my FBI check. All was good but I'm worried it may cause issues for my study permit. All over 10 years ago. Ok my other question is my tuition in total is 11,000 canadian and I have 21,000 canadian in my account saved. Will this be enough for approval, and if not how much more do I need? Also if I get approved after my studies for a PGWP do I have to work in my same field of study and do I also have to remain in the province in which I studied??? If you read all this I really appreciate it!!
When you apply for SP , make sure you do mention your previous arrest history.
Funds required are 1 yr fees + 1 yr living expenses.

PGWP will be open, you can work for anyone , anywhere , any field.

Remaining in the province will give you extra credit if you later choose to apply for PNP. ( depends on the province, for example in Manitoba, if you study here and work here for a year you are eligible to apply for PR through the provincial program.)

Oct 31, 2019
When you apply for SP , make sure you do mention your previous arrest history.
Funds required are 1 yr fees + 1 yr living expenses.

PGWP will be open, you can work for anyone , anywhere , any field.

Remaining in the province will give you extra credit if you later choose to apply for PNP. ( depends on the province, for example in Manitoba, if you study here and work here for a year you are eligible to apply for PR through the provincial program.)
Thank you!! I'm going to prince edward island. It's a one year program that costs 11k canadian. The course starts in September so should the 21k I have now should be good or is it best to wait until I have more?? So if my ETA got approved as long as I declare my previous arrest I shouldn't have any issues?

Oct 31, 2019
Also something important that I forgot to ask. My american wife has all our savings in her U.S account because it is better for use due to the exchange rate here in Mexico. Will they accept her bank statements if we provide our marriage license or does all the money have to me in my account?? We prefer to not put it in my account because the exchange rate changes so much.