+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have 2 passports- which should I use for Inland?!

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
Hi Guys -
Some advise needed. I have a Dutch and a French passport. Im born french (on a french/dutch island), and have been naturalized dutch, but I have been travelling to Canada to see me fiance using my dutch passport (french was expired). We're about to start our inland process and Im wondering which passport I should use for this process, the french pp - seeing my birth cert and other docs are french or my dutch seeing Immigration has record of this one on all my previous travels to Canada.
Any Suggestions?!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must use a valid passport. So unless you plan to renew your French passport, go with the Dutch one.

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
scylla said:
You must use a valid passport. So unless you plan to renew your French passport, go with the Dutch one.
Im actually in the process of getting it renewed. So you think I should use that one instead?

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
You could use either one, but just a silly question....if its dutch or French, why would you be applying inland?? I would reccommend applying outland, which you can do even if you are staying in Canada. If you are a citizen of France, they are processsing 80% of their cases in 8 months. You also have the right to appeal a negative decision. If you apply inland, you are looking 9 to 10 months for 1st stage approval and a work permit if you need one, and no right of appeal....

You can always extend your visitors status based on the fact you have applied for PR once you have applied outland....

Just an FYI!!

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
Stumpedmom said:
You could use either one, but just a silly question....if its dutch or French, why would you be applying inland?? I would reccommend applying outland, which you can do even if you are staying in Canada. If you are a citizen of France, they are processsing 80% of their cases in 8 months. You also have the right to appeal a negative decision. If you apply inland, you are looking 9 to 10 months for 1st stage approval and a work permit if you need one, and no right of appeal....

You can always extend your visitors status based on the fact you have applied for PR once you have applied outland....

Just an FYI!!
Thx for the tip! However the thing is I was born on a french island not "in" France so my VO is Trinidad which takes 14mths to process. Second thing - I was of the opinion that if you applied Outland its somewhat of cheating the system if you stayed in the country...am I wrong?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matchcapo said:
Thx for the tip! However the thing is I was born on a french island not "in" France so my VO is Trinidad which takes 14mths to process. Second thing - I was of the opinion that if you applied Outland its somewhat of cheating the system if you stayed in the country...am I wrong?
No Outland is not considered cheating the system as long as you remain in status in Canada but are you up to not working for 10-11 months if you are not here on a work permit

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
Kedeisha said:
No Outland is not considered cheating the system as long as you remain in status in Canada but are you up to not working for 10-11 months if you are not here on a work permit
Im not too excited about that 11mth period of non employment but it doesnt seem like I have much of an alternative.... ??? Any Suggestions?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well the alternative is outland however your VO along with mine KGN ummm are kinda slow

Do you have trips that are planned out of Canada bcuz if you leave and you are not allowed to return then app will be cancelled

Also for the nations that you hold passports for would you be able to apply thru their office because I assume a valid passport would mean you would be allowed there in case of interview which is the only "problem" I see unless you needed a visa for those country and your visa is no longer valid

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
Well I do have a trip planned outside of Canada but we will be going on this for our honeymoon and once we return then we will begin the PR process in which I wont leave the country. I do not require a Visa to enter the country, thankfully my passport is good enough. I looked into applying directly to france and holland but from what i've gathered its based upon where you reside and also where my pp was issued which is in the islands. So im stuck with Trinidad as my Visa office.