+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got nominated from saskatchewan....can I get a work permit withot LMO ?

cchoi23

Apr 17, 2012
Hi there,

Couple of weeks ago I got nomination letter from the saskatchewan grvernment. but last week my job contract was terminated.
How can i get a work permit with a new employer ? Do i still need LMO for new employer or can I get work permit with job offer letter ?

many thanks....

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchoi23 said:
Hi there,

Couple of weeks ago I got nomination letter from the saskatchewan grvernment. but last week my job contract was terminated.
How can i get a work permit with a new employer ? Do i still need LMO for new employer or can I get work permit with job offer letter ?

many thanks....
You have to inform snip about this termination and advice them on the new employer job offer. How long ago did you apply for sinp skilled worker?

cchoi23

Apr 17, 2012
I have applied for SINP begging of december last year and I got nomination letter early march of this year. So do I still need LMO to obtain work permit ? or Can I get work permit just with job offer letter from new employer ?

cpacturan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
May I asked when didi you recieved your file number after you submitted your application to SK immigration office? and what category is your application? SINP Prov. Nomination Family category or skilled worker?
Thanks a lot. GOD bless.

cchoi23

Apr 17, 2012
I got nomination letter with file number about 3 month late after applied SINP. and I applied for skilled worker

cpacturan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
that's nice!!! In our case we got our file no. last Oct. 2011 and until now still waiting for the prov. nomination cert. GOD willing it will be approved and it is coming. We applied under SINP family category.
good luck to all of us.. So, Skilled worker is much faster than family category..

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchoi23 said:
I have applied for SINP begging of december last year and I got nomination letter early march of this year. So do I still need LMO to obtain work permit ? or Can I get work permit just with job offer letter from new employer ?
Wow! Your application was super fast! What is the name of your job title? Did you school in Canada? Only student category has such lite speed. Anyway you must inform sinp of your employer change if you want to apply for a work permit under your new employer but you don't need LMO since you have been nominated.

cchoi23

Apr 17, 2012
Oh Thanks a lot...biometrix !!!

So Could you let me know how can I get work permit with job offer letter ? Just bring job offer letter to border with nomination letter ?

My Job Title is Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC7411)

Many Thanks....

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchoi23 said:
Oh Thanks a lot...biometrix !!!

So Could you let me know how can I get work permit with job offer letter ? Just bring job offer letter to border with nomination letter ?

My Job Title is Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC7411)

Many Thanks....
Well like I said inform snip, get the new job offer updated with them and the apply by sending your application with your work permit support letter. Do you have a class 1a licesence in Sk?

cchoi23

Apr 17, 2012
once again thanks alot biometrix !!!

yes i have saskatchewan class 1 driver's license. that's why i applied sinp as a long haul truck driver.

so you mean only i can get a new work permit as applying for restoration work permit to vegerville,ab ?

what about at the canadian border? if i can get a work permit at border that will be much quicker and easier.

i am from visiting visa exemption country ( korea) can i get a work permit at border with my nomination letter and job offer letter from new employer ?

many thanks....

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchoi23 said:
once again thanks alot biometrix !!!

yes i have saskatchewan class 1 driver's license. that's why i applied sinp as a long haul truck driver.

so you mean only i can get a new work permit as applying for restoration work permit to vegerville,ab ?

what about at the canadian border? if i can get a work permit at border that will be much quicker and easier.

i am from visiting visa exemption country ( korea) can i get a work permit at border with my nomination letter and job offer letter from new employer ?

many thanks....
There is a possibility that they could give you at the boarder.

sunnyray90

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-08-2011
AOR Received.
30-10-2011
File Transfer...
30-10-2011 CPP-O/ 13-01-2012 Los Angeles
Med's Request
30-10-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2011 (Med Received 16th Dec - ECAS Updated))
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
18-04-2012
I think you are trying to get an answer and people are asking you multiple questions.

You have to inform SINP about your situation, but i will suggest to find a same NOC code job as soon as possible. They will re-certify your nomination under new employer. To be honest, its not good news for you and may take few more months for new nomination letter.

SpiderBiff

Sep 30, 2012
Hi,

I am in a similar situation and I was wondering if you got your work permit at the border.

I am currently in Toronto (on a working holiday visa - which expires October 31st, this year). I have a job offer from an employer in Saskatchewan and I want to go to the border to get a work permit.

Did you have success at the border?

My employer wants me to start work October 13th, so I don't have a lot of time.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks