+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got married during my IMP+ and PR process, what should I do.

Buta55

Jul 19, 2023
Hi everyone !

As it's said in the title, I got married during the process of my IMP+ and PR.
I have notified Québec of my change of status and gave them all the paper they needed. After few weeks they gave me a new CSQ for me, and one CSQ for my wife.
I then send the 2 CSQ to IRCC and tried to know the process the add my wife to my application, but so far I had no answers.

So I'm reaching you guys to know what I'm supposed to do.
Should I create a new PR application with my wife instead of just updating the current one ? If I have to update the current one, what kind of document am I supposed to send to IRCC.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

LIMAR

Oct 22, 2019
I uploaded new CSQ and Marriage certificate to IRCC
Along with belowed forms for my spouse,
IMM 0008
IMM5406
IMM5669 Schedule A
Passport
Birth certificate ( make sure you translate them by certified translator if the language is not in English or French)
Then they will let you know what to do next.

G-Latif

Nov 16, 2021
I am in almost the same situation with a bit difference and need help:

1. initially, I received CSQ in November 2021 based on an AI piolet program without accompanying my spouse as was having marriage issues
2. I divorced in 2022 and applied for the IRRCC PR in June 2023 with a valid CSQ.
3. Now I got married again while my IRCC application is still in process with AOR received, medical and fingerprint updated.
4. I want to bring my wife with me or at least want to include her name in the PR application.

Can you help and give idea of what should I do at this stage?

I was in Canada on a work permit from 2021 to 2022 but now I am out of Canada, can I apply for IMP+? How can I obtain MIFI invitation letter for IMP+?