+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got GST letter but so confuse it.

serena0210

Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys.
I am processing on Family immigration .
My husband is citizen and my sponsor. I am still waiting my permanent resident and have 2 years open work permit.

we were married on March 2017 .
I applied tax return in simple tax both of us .

I got GST letter on April that base year is 2016 .
they said " We increased your annual BCCATC entitlement from $xxx.xx to $www.ww." than I got that amount in my bank account.

Suddenly I got GST letter again today . Also base year is 2016.
they said " We determined that you are no longer eligible to receive GST/HST/BCCATC payments. Please see the Explanation section for more information - reason is your spouse or common-law partner is the family applicant", " you are not eligible for the GST/HSTC/BCCATC for January 2018 to April 2018 for the reason"

What..... How come I am not eligible for GST only for JAN 2018 to April 2018??? why? :(
Wait...... My husband is family applicant? I am so confused.. He is my sponsor for my P.R.

you guys think I have mistake when I applied tax return on simple tax?

I got 2nd letter and they said I show pay for some amount because my husband is family applicant...

Also he got GST letter too. he should pay some money because his martial information is changed (single -> married) that I understood..

It look like he applied family immigration and me undertaking him... am i wrong?

Do you guys think should I call to cra or visit acounter or I have misunderstand that reasons were right... and pay money to cra..... ?

I am sorry about my bad english ,, please help me.. I am so confused! :(

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hello, I was just wondering if what happen to your case now? I'm in the same boat as yours, I received my OWP already just last month and still waiting for PR. We got married last year in MAY 2019. When did you file for your tax? I'm in a situation of figuring out now how to file my tax tho I'm not working yet so I dont know what kind of tax should I file. My spouse was about to file tax return too and needs to change the marital status now from single to married.

I hope you can help me. Thank you so much!