+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got a visa rejection for study permit sept 2014 intake under general category.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
My consultant is suggesting me to re-apply but I am not too sure.

Is there any way to contact someone in authority and let them know that they have spoiled someone's life with a huge career gap and now how I am going to justify this gap to my future employer or university????

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
was ur course PG diploma? doing a PG course is not advisable after a masters degree...its not a logical progressing of ur education. u should change ur course to a doctoral level or at the least a masters.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Yes, it was a diploma course. I know, but I dont have enough savings to go for a degree course at this stage.

Since, I have to work in India after finishing my course so Indian employers accepts management diploma as IMS also gives you a diploma.

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
My student visa got rejected twice so far. One for Humber college and another for Thompson river university and the Humber rejection had the same reason as yours.

As for Thompson rivers, they had said my document lacked authenticity which makes no sense because every thing I gave was truthful.
Its been a year since my last visa rejection and I am going to apply for the Capis notes directly from CIC through some one in Canada.

You can try these guys - http://www.caips.ca or if you have a contact in Canada like me, you can try http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

May be you should look into that obtaining the notes first, so that you can determine more specifically why your visa was rejected. Don't jump into re reapplying for visa with out understanding why it was rejected. The agencies will try to push you into re applying like they did for me and it was rejected again and they now simply washed their hands off and you would be left with a even more complicated case.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
What do consultants get in re-application of our visa???

Can Anyone guide me in writing a strong SOP?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ann011 said:
What do consultants get in re-application of our visa???

Can Anyone guide me in writing a strong SOP?
u should not reapply unless u address the reason for rejection ..if u apply again without making significant change u will most probably get the same outcome. consultant who suggested a diploma course to u has misguided u..... u should dump ur consultant and look for programs in a university by ur self.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Thank you mead :)

I will do this simultaneously with my future job(need a find a f%$$% job in india, first)

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
mead said:
u should not reapply unless u address the reason for rejection ..if u apply again without making significant change u will most probably get the same outcome. consultant who suggested a diploma course to u has misguided u..... u should dump ur consultant and look for programs in a university by ur self.
I would advice the same as thing as ^ said. Consultants simply want to push you into re applying and they most of them are not qualified enough to deal with rejected cases in a proper manner.

Getting notes from CIC would take at least a month, so get the notes anyway which would help you understand better when you re apply.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
How to get notes from CIC?

My real brother is in canada(student visa, has applied for PR), can he help me to get it???

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
ann011 said:
How to get notes from CIC?

My real brother is in canada(student visa, has applied for PR), can he help me to get it???
wow we both really have a similar profile. I have a brother in Canada too but he is a PR holder.

Well there are two ways to apply.

One is through http://www.caips.ca by filling the forms and paying I think 40$ and they would do the process on your behalf in obtaining the notes.

or through the online application directly with CIC at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp which only costs 5$. Although the condition here is that the person applying on your behalf has to be either Canadian citizen or PR holder. So if your brother is in the process of getting his PR he cannot apply for you. you can try the 40$ thing instead.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
what so special about these notes?? As in the refusal letter its mentioned that course was not related to previous studies.

May be my brother in canada could be a reason for my visa rejection but they will never tell you this.