+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got a question about immigration

rawtext

Aug 1, 2011
ok i have a question and idk how to go about this i need some guidelines please

ok i am 19 young and dumb so please help me out. i have a girlfriend that i would like to move to Canada to live with she is 18 and is a citizen of Canada as i am a citizen of USA
and im wondering how i would go about moving into Canada getting a place to live there for the rest of my life with her marry etc and i know you people are going to possibly say this is never going to work out for the rest of your life's b/c you are young.

what would be the things i need to get? visa {PR}? and one other question would crimial charges as a minor stop this as going foreward?

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@rawtext : If u r a citizen of USA than u donot need any visa to goto Canada & live with ur g.f fot as long as u want,u can even get married to her & can also work in Canada with ur American passport,as u said u had some criminal charges in the past so if u would try for PR (Canada) definately those criminal charges would effect ur application,so its better to go to Canada with ur American apssport and u will not face any problem !

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@rawtext : FORGOT TO SAY (BEST OF LUCK) ....................... FOR THE FUTURE WITH YOUR G.F ;-)

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, as an American citizen, you can enter Canada for 6 months to visit, not to live or work. If you want to come and live in Canada permanently, you would have to apply for a Permanent Resident visa. One of the simplest ways is through the Family Class program, once you and your girlfriend are married. Again, you cannot enter Canada and work without a work visa or a permanent resident visa. Also, any criminal charges in your past, including minor charges, may result in you not being able to enter Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian girl is right. As an American, you can enter and visit up to 6 months. Nobody will stop you from getting married and if you are married, your wife can sponsor you for PR. She can not be bankrupt though and she can't be on welfare. It would be wise to pick an outland application because it is faster. You can find the forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

As for your juvee record, doesn't that get sealed? Does it show up on your police clearance certificate? If it doesn't show up, it is not a problem. If it does, it depends on what it is, how serious.

rawtext

Aug 1, 2011
thanks everyone for the help and idk but i think it will show up b/c
i am in a program that needed a background check to work with the youth and feral burro of investigation did the back ground check and i was wondering since they found that.. ( witch is shouldnt be hard for em to) but since they will do a background check for a passport and that will would that show up being people who check me out for a passport i think have little more pull in the background parts.
?