+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I filled my name wrong in IMM5257E

jeeva353

Apr 15, 2019
Hi,
Recently i applied for Visiting visa for canada and i subimtted all my documents, But unfortunately i Printed my name wrong in the aplication form IMM5257e. I submitted an enquiry with correct information but still i didn't see any change in my name.

Last week i completed my Biometric and now i recived a letter to send passport for stamping,
But i still see my name wrong with the letter they sent, Is there anway that i can change my name before sending passport for stamping?

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,jeevanth.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
Recently i applied for Visiting visa for canada and i subimtted all my documents, But unfortunately i Printed my name wrong in the aplication form IMM5257e. I submitted an enquiry with correct information but still i didn't see any change in my name.

Last week i completed my Biometric and now i recived a letter to send passport for stamping,
But i still see my name wrong with the letter they sent, Is there anway that i can change my name before sending passport for stamping?

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,jeevanth.
Your name in the Biometrics Instruction Letter matches the one in your passport, right? That's why you were allowed to give your biometrics.

You cannot change the name in your application form to a name of your personal preference. Your visa will be issued as per the name in your passport

jeeva353

Apr 15, 2019
Hi,
Unfortunately name in the Biometrics Instruction Letter is also wrong, But some how they allowed me and i finsihed without issues, Now i am worrying about whether i need to send them passport are not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
Unfortunately name in the Biometrics Instruction Letter is also wrong, But some how they allowed me and i finsihed without issues, Now i am worrying about whether i need to send them passport are not?
If you do not send your passport, your file will be closed as 'Refused'.

Your visa will be issued as per your name stated in your passport.

BTW can you give an example of how different your name in the application form is from your passport?

jeeva353

Apr 15, 2019
My orginal name as passport :
First name: naga durga jeevanth
Last name : Puvvula

Mistake of name like below in my Last name:
First name: Naga durga jeevanth
Last name : Naga durga jeevanth Puvvula

So what exactly you want me to do sir?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My orginal name as passport :
First name: naga durga jeevanth
Last name : Puvvula

Mistake of name like below in my Last name:
First name: Naga durga jeevanth
Last name : Naga durga jeevanth Puvvula

So what exactly you want me to do sir?
Yeah, send your passport.

BTW the name that will be printed in your visa counterfoil is likely to be shortened as your complete name is too long. Just so you expect it!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So can i send ant letter explaining that My name was wrong to vac office?
I don't think there's anything wrong.

It's not like your name will be printed as Given Name + Family Name = Naga durga jeevanth + Naga durga jeevanth Puvvula =
Naga durga jeevanth Naga durga jeevanth Puvvula

jeeva353

Apr 15, 2019
No it should be like this right?

(Given Name + Family Name) = Naga durga jeevanth + Puvvula= Naga durga jeevanth Puvvula