+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I completed my Master's program, but IRCC wants to see my degree anyway. I need help and I don't know what to do.

InvisibleMan

Feb 24, 2023
So I finished my degree last December, got my completion letter and transcripts and submitted these as proof of Canadian education. I was super careful with all of this, did all my due dilligence and sent an LOE explaining everything. I checked the website and it appeared as if the degree wasn't necessary if you had proof that you completed your education. I submitted everything as it was.

At any rate, IRCC still wants my degree. I can't give it to them yet, because convocation is until June 22nd, they set a limit for June 16th. I have no clue if my university will agree to give me my degree before or if they can do something to help me out.

The worst of it all is that I didn't need those points, I had 500 without the degree and the cut off was 489. I submitted the profile that way simply because I wanted to indicate that I had finished my degree and wanted to be honest about what I had and didn't have. This may have done me in.

I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So I finished my degree last December, got my completion letter and transcripts and submitted these as proof of Canadian education. I was super careful with all of this, did all my due dilligence and sent an LOE explaining everything. I checked the website and it appeared as if the degree wasn't necessary if you had proof that you completed your education. I submitted everything as it was.

At any rate, IRCC still wants my degree. I can't give it to them yet, because convocation is until June 22nd, they set a limit for June 16th. I have no clue if my university will agree to give me my degree before or if they can do something to help me out.

The worst of it all is that I didn't need those points, I had 500 without the degree and the cut off was 489. I submitted the profile that way simply because I wanted to indicate that I had finished my degree and wanted to be honest about what I had and didn't have. This may have done me in.

I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do.
I am not expert but you can try sending the convocation invitation letter or other related paperwork.

InvisibleMan

Feb 24, 2023
I am not expert but you can try sending the convocation invitation letter or other related paperwork.
I sent them the date of my faculty's ceremony. I will go and talk to my university to see what they can do. This is my damn luck, I should have just not submitted the damn degree. It's always something with this whole process.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I sent them the date of my faculty's ceremony. I will go and talk to my university to see what they can do. This is my damn luck, I should have just not submitted the damn degree. It's always something with this whole process.
All the best.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My school did me a solid and said they would release my diploma as soon as possible. Hopefully that suffices for IRCC.
Great. Yes, hope for the best.
I don't know in some things why Canada respond like ages old, in other countries like Australia you can get your degree certificate in a week or so, whereas one given at convocation is just that one again but in a leather case and by the dean in a ceremony.

InvisibleMan

Feb 24, 2023
Great. Yes, hope for the best.
I don't know in some things why Canada respond like ages old, in other countries like Australia you can get your degree certificate in a week or so, whereas one given at convocation is just that one again but in a leather case and by the dean in a ceremony.
I don't know honestly, at least they agreed to help me get this done. Quite frankly, I'm sick of this all. Now it's likely everything is going to end up getting delayed.

More than that I'm sick of having to deal with these things with PR, sometimes it almost seems like I'm hanging by a thread every day. I just want this to be over.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I don't know honestly, at least they agreed to help me get this done. Quite frankly, I'm sick of this all. Now it's likely everything is going to end up getting delayed.

More than that I'm sick of having to deal with these things with PR, sometimes it almost seems like I'm hanging by a thread every day. I just want this to be over.
I know its frustrating sometimes but don't worry, hope it will end soon for you. All the best.