+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I called IRCC from India

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Pl help me someone as I want to call IRCC Delhi to know the status of my Study Permit application pending since 12th June. Pl give me contact no if aanybody knows.
There's no working number to reach Delhi. But, Just like you I've applied from India and when I called IRCC I got to know my application is still under process at the CPC Ottowa. I'd suggest you follow the steps and call IRCC directly.

SelvanRoss

Sep 17, 2020
I finally found a hack yesterday to call IRCC from India, so thought I'll share it with everyone who's been waiting for an update on their application. I used Google Hangouts from my laptop which is free to use, all you need is a Gmail account and then follow these steps,
  1. Login to your Gmail account and click on the icon with six dots (Google apps) on the top right corner and click on Hangouts
  2. Select the call option and use any of the two phone numbers +1 905-676-3640 or +1 905-612-5416.
  3. Both these numbers are of Toronto person airport, don't worry just follow the IVR messages and select the option for IRCC
  4. Once your call is connected to IRCC, they will ask you for your application number and then you'll get connected to an agent.
Few things to keep in mind,
  1. The call from hangouts will not instantly go through, I myself tried around 15-20 times and then I was able to connect. Also, make sure you try both numbers
  2. When you get connected to an agent there will be a long hold, so be ready to wait. I had to wait for about 30-45 mins to get in touch with an agent
  3. The IRCC agent will not be able to expedite your application/ give you any timelines/ make a decision on your file. So be patient and ask the right questions
  4. The IRCC agent will also ask you a few questions linked to your file to verify your Identity. I was asked my full name, mailing address, email address, and DOB. Make sure you have all these details on hand before you call them.
  5. The call center is only operational on Mon-Fri from 8 AM to 4 PM EST. If you're in India like me, start calling them from 5.30 PM, the earlier you call, the lesser is the wait time
In my case, The agent told me that a decision on my application has been delayed since the VO reviewing my file thinks my application needs an "Additional review". I also got to know that my primary processing center is Edmonton and secondary is Ottowa.

My file is an SDS application from India, Submitted on 4th June without biometrics. Medicals passed on 20th July and no updates after that. Just like many others, My classes have already begun and I am still waiting for my AIP. I hope this helps you get in touch with IRCC and get some information on your application!

Hey just read your post and noticed that you applied in June. I'm planning on applying for my study permit now through SDS for Jan 21 intake. With the VFS office closed, I'm guessing biometrics is not possible and that's why you haven't done yours.

Do you have any idea what the scene is for the Jan 21 intake. Is it the same two step process like the fall 20 semester?

Are you planning on studying online once you get your AIP and then getting to canada once the borders open and you've given your biometrics? What's the procedure for that? Do you just have to wait until they contact you regarding the biometrics? Or until the VFS offices open? How does that work?

Thanks for the hack btw :)

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I finally found a hack yesterday to call IRCC from India, so thought I'll share it with everyone who's been waiting for an update on their application. I used Google Hangouts from my laptop which is free to use, all you need is a Gmail account and then follow these steps,
  1. Login to your Gmail account and click on the icon with six dots (Google apps) on the top right corner and click on Hangouts
  2. Select the call option and use any of the two phone numbers +1 905-676-3640 or +1 905-612-5416.
  3. Both these numbers are of Toronto person airport, don't worry just follow the IVR messages and select the option for IRCC
  4. Once your call is connected to IRCC, they will ask you for your application number and then you'll get connected to an agent.
  1. The call from hangouts will not instantly go through, I myself tried around 15-20 times and then I was able to connect. Also, make sure you try both numbers
  2. When you get connected to an agent there will be a long hold, so be ready to wait. I had to wait for about 30-45 mins to get in touch with an agent
  3. The IRCC agent will not be able to expedite your application/ give you any timelines/ make a decision on your file. So be patient and ask the right questions
  4. The IRCC agent will also ask you a few questions linked to your file to verify your Identity. I was asked my full name, mailing address, email address, and DOB. Make sure you have all these details on hand before you call them.
  5. The call center is only operational on Mon-Fri from 8 AM to 4 PM EST. If you're in India like me, start calling them from 5.30 PM, the earlier you call, the lesser is the wait time
In my case, The agent told me that a decision on my application has been delayed since the VO reviewing my file thinks my application needs an "Additional review". I also got to know that my primary processing center is Edmonton and secondary is Ottowa.

My file is an SDS application from India, Submitted on 4th June without biometrics. Medicals passed on 20th July and no updates after that. Just like many others, My classes have already begun and I am still waiting for my AIP. I hope this helps you get in touch with IRCC and get some information on your application!
hi! which number worked for you?

rishikeshuk

Dec 8, 2020

Thanks for sharing this important hack to connect to IRCC.
I tried from my laptop with Hangouts but it asks me to register the phone number with which I am calling. IRCC website says call coming outside of Canada will not be entertained. How did you connected with IRCC then? The phone numbers which you have shared for Toronto Airport Person could not be registered to make a call to IRCC. Can you please help in this regard?

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019

Did not work for me! The hangout said the same thing when you call from India using mobile "the call cannot be completed as dialled. Please check the number"

Also I saw no option to select which number to call from?

Can you help man??? It as been 14 months since I submitted my application. I have not even received any communication on my medicals since last year... :(

Last edited:

Rohithkrish

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Did not work for me! The hangout said the same thing when you call from India using mobile "the call cannot be completed as dialled. Please check the number"

Also I saw no option to select which number to call from?

Can you help man??? It as been 14 months since I submitted my application. I have not even received any communication on my medicals since last year... :(
14months man did you upload new letter of acceptance from your university or did you order gcms notes for your application.. don't waste your time trying to call these useless call centers....raise webform questioning the delay and also order gcms for your application...you have wasted your precious time.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019

What exactly did you ask them ?

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
14months man did you upload new letter of acceptance from your university or did you order gcms notes for your application.. don't waste your time trying to call these useless call centers....raise webform questioning the delay and also order gcms for your application...you have wasted your precious time.
Where are you from . Try use text now app . I called them yesterday

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
Well I have applied for PR through PNP...
Not a student.
But I hear you. I have wasted 1 year of my life because I cannot make any long term decision you know...
Frustrating

Mar 22, 2018

Hello everyone, there is an app called Textnow you can use that to call for US or Canada for free.
It is easy to use too