+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for PR (With AEO) on 19th Nov'08, when will I get File No?

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Santosh,

How r u? I also didnt get medical request with AOR , I also get it after 5 days of AOR. I get it in one letter requesting for medicals and other documents, but no information afterwards . u will get it soon

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
PUNJAB BOY said:
Hi Santosh,

How r u? I also didnt get medical request with AOR , I also get it after 5 days of AOR. I get it in one letter requesting for medicals and other documents, but no information afterwards . u will get it soon
Hi Punjab Boy,

I think I'll get the same soon, but New Year Holidays might delay it for few more days I believe. Thanks for replying though

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Santosh2000 said:
PUNJAB BOY said:
and then there will he holidays in cic delhi in dec so u will get it in jan 09. i think
Dear Punjab Boy (& everyone else too!!),

I got my file no. today. But it has nothing else, only the confirmation of the payment (of Visa Fees) in it,,!!

3 queries here!!
- 1. Why no mention of further documents request and/or medicals?
- 2. When you got intimation for medicals, what exactly was that like, I mean,,did they ask you to go for medicals then,,that means ur process is almost complete!!

- 3. Did you also have an "Arranged Employment Opinion" to support ur application? Seems like you had AEO, (for you to get medicals instruction so quick!)
hi..........

i applied in july 2008 and got AOR in august 2008.
no information about medicals / proof of funds and documentation etc.

just wondering what has happened, coz somebody from this forum had applied in june 2008. He posted that decision has been made.

may be it was from a different country / visa office...........

I sent to new delhi office......santosh where did you send your application to????????

may be cic people are vacationing

please do post if anything new develops......

I shall inform if I get any new information............

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Hi all!

I applied on 19/11/08, the date on File no letter was 25/11/08 (recieved on 23/12/08), the request for documents letter was dated 11/12/08 (recieved on 05/01/09).

But they only requested for the copy of the Job Offer in Canada! They dint ask for PCC or other Job Update etc.

My queries:

1. The deadline to recieve the requested documents "in CHC, New Delhi office" is mentioned as within 30 days of the date mentioned on the request letter. So the deadline is 09/01/09 since 10th Jan is a Saturday. My lawyer (who is in Canada, who recieved the same on 05/11/09) says they can take 7 more days to respond & that this is only a standard language they use in the letters. Is it correct? (Hope he is, coz today is 09/01/09 already & I am yet to get my documents here in India, to forward to CHC, New Delhi office).

2. When will they ask for the rest of the documents? (PCC & current JOb updates etc.
3. What next?

Thanks all !!

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Santosh,

If u have apllied with AEO then it is Regular appliacation process and it reuires you to submit each and every thing upfront. You are required to sent every thing ( Which includes Ielts result, PCC, employer referel letters , Copy of Positive AEO and Job offer letter from employer in canada ) upfront at the time of filing your applicatopn.

So i Wonder if u have applied with AEO then why u have not sent these things with application.Moreover u can get a scan copy and take a printout of it and sent to new delhi.

The only thing which is not required in cases with AEO is proof of funds , but still they can ask for it .

bandhanroy

Feb 10, 2011
Hi, Santosh......

Thanks a lot for your kind information. In the conversation u have mentioned about your lawyer who is in canada and all the time he is monitoring your file properly. I would like to do my case through him; hope u dont mind. and also what kind of bank statement do i need to show to get my pr under the aeo process....

waiting to hear from you.

thanking you.

bandhan