+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am still not cleared about my spouse points

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
Dear Member

I am from Pakistan. My spouse has 12 full time education in pakistan (Higher secondry school education)
how much points she can gain . Mostly people says on this form shel will gain " 0 " point.

But i have read on CHC website which i qoute here"

A one-year diploma, trade certificate, apprenticeship, or university degree and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies: 3 points

seniors and experts are requested to please guide me, because this 3 points of my spouse, enable me to apply immigration to canada.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Three points

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
r u sure about it. many people told me this means 12 years full time education + 1 year university degree will be evaluate as 3 points catagory. any body who can clear this statement of CHC.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahyan said:
Dear Member

I am from Pakistan. My spouse has 12 full time education in pakistan (Higher secondry school education)
how much points she can gain . Mostly people says on this form shel will gain " 0 " point.

A one-year diploma, trade certificate, apprenticeship, or university degree and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies: 3 points

seniors and experts are requested to please guide me, because this 3 points of my spouse, enable me to apply immigration to canada.
After her 12 years of Education, did she get a diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship brief?
I am asking this question because in Europe, people get all of the above when they finish secondary school and opt for a trade certificate, apprenticeship, instead of going for "A Levels" and then to the UNI.
So, if your wife has any of the above after she finished her Higher Secondary then she will get 3 points.
If it is only "A level" - or "Fsc or FA" as it is called in Pakistan, then I am afraid she will get 0.

Note:
Disclaimer:
I am not immigration lawyer nor consultant. This is just my personal view.

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
My Opinion..

12 Years Of Education=3 Points

If 12 Years does't makes any diffrence at this point , and a trade certification is must after FA then need to write here 13 years of Education.Officer will look at the local standards of education and Higher Secondry School is equliant to =12 Years of full time education.

Let the others come to solution..........

reksa

Star Member
Oct 5, 2008
please advice on Spouse points with 12 years school years till secondary and the 4 years university degree

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
still nobody confirm me about my spouse points , can any one explain it , i am still confused about it.
some members says i can gain 3 points and some says "0" points. actually my success also depanding on my spouse points for completion of 67 points.

expert pls advise.

irfan_meman

Aug 31, 2009
DEAR FRIENDS,

THERE SHOULD BE ATLEAST 1 YEAR TRADE DIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE / INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE CERTIFICARE TO SECURE 3 POINT OF ADOPTABILITY FACTOR OF SPOUCE.

FIRST OF ALL, CHECK THE 1ST CONDITION WHETHER YOUR WIFE HAS 1 YEAR TECHNICAL/DIPLOMA EDCUTION AND LATER CHECK THE 2ND CONDITION WHETHER YOUR WIFE HAS COMPLETED 12 YEARS OF EDUCATION.

IF 1ST CONDITION IS NOT SATISFIED THEN THE SPOUCE POINT WILL BE 0 ZERO AND THERE IS NO MEAN FOR 2ND CONDITION. IF BOTH THE CONDITION SATISFIED, THEN SPOUCE POINT WILL BE 3.

GOOD LUCK

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
if she has 14 years full education i mean upto BA or BSC Then how much points she can gain

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahyan said:
if she has 14 years full education i mean upto BA or BSC Then how much points she can gain
If she was awarded the BA and Bsc, then 20 points.

Educational credential” is defined in R73 as any diploma, degree or trade or apprenticeship credential issued on the completion of a program of study or training at an educational or training institution recognized by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting,
supervising and regulating such institutions in the country of issue.

• “Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the
course of instruction.

• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time
that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
irfan_meman said:
DEAR FRIENDS,

BobbyB said:
shahyan said:
Dear Member

After her 12 years of Education, did she get a diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship brief?
I am asking this question because in Europe, people get all of the above when they finish secondary school and opt for a trade certificate, apprenticeship, instead of going for "A Levels" and then to the UNI.
So, if your wife has any of the above after she finished her Higher Secondary then she will get 3 points.
If it is only "A level" - or "Fsc or FA" as it is called in Pakistan, then I am afraid she will get 0.

Note:
Disclaimer:
BobbyB said:
shahyan said:
Dear Member
BobbyB said:
shahyan said:
Dear Member

Note:
Disclaimer:
THERE SHOULD BE ATLEAST 1 YEAR TRADE DIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE / INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE CERTIFICARE TO SECURE 3 POINT OF ADOPTABILITY FACTOR OF SPOUCE.

FIRST OF ALL, CHECK THE 1ST CONDITION WHETHER YOUR WIFE HAS 1 YEAR TECHNICAL/DIPLOMA EDCUTION AND LATER CHECK THE 2ND CONDITION WHETHER YOUR WIFE HAS COMPLETED 12 YEARS OF EDUCATION.

IF 1ST CONDITION IS NOT SATISFIED THEN THE SPOUCE POINT WILL BE 0 ZERO AND THERE IS NO MEAN FOR 2ND CONDITION. IF BOTH THE CONDITION SATISFIED, THEN SPOUCE POINT WILL BE 3.
GOOD LUCK
Hello Shahyan,
u will get a clear answer to your question if u
plz go through BobbyB & irfan's posts.

thanx Bobby & irfan for ur clear explanation regarding shahyan's quest.

tdr

Manj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2012
Interview........
21-07-2012
Shayan,

You being unduly optimistic about 12 years study points. 12 years is F.A, F.Sc., A-1 level an so on so forth. A trade certificate, diploma etc is generally gained by apprentices in workshops, training institutes, polytechnics. So what they are basically saying is that if you are a 'handyman' with 12 years of education and holding a diploma or trade certificate, then you get 3 points, otherwise zero.

I would suggest that you may please consult some experienced consultant. If you are in Pindi/Islamabad area, I could help you get assessed.

Best wishes.