+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am living outside of Canada (UK), may I sponsor from outside of Canada?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
faar23 said:
Alright everyone is saying she is a citizen and I should apply for her citizenship certificate and passport rightaway...I get that, I will, because I know she is not eligible to be sponsored. I can put in her citizenship certificate and passport application today and it can take months to arrive. I checked the processing time for the certificate and its 5 months. I have read I can get a passport quicker, a temporary one but only under certain/urgent circumstances (such as death etc) and I a sure they would want proof before they give that.
The embassy can issue your child with a temporary passport (1 year validity) while the citizenship certificate is being processed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
faar23 said:
so what all this means is that if he doesn't find another job willing to give him a work permit then we can all only stay here til September (even with the 2 year visas stamped on our passports because he won't be working).

What I am saying here is that I don't have 5 months to wait for her certifcate/passport. I know I can't sponsor her because she is my daughter, but how can I travel to Canada with her before her certificate/passport arrives. On a visitor visa?
She doesn't qualify for a visitor visa. The limited validity passport can be issued before the certificate app is processed. If urgent need is shown, it can be issued within a few days.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
our twins were born in New Zealand , my wife is canadian , yes they are canadian by birthright because of their mother , you still need to get confirmed citizenship (which you said you will do ) , we flew to canada with the girls in april , and needed passports sooner than the wait time , so we showed the passport office the tickets , and they fast tracked the application , they sighted my wifes birth cert , and we got a 2 year temporary passport for the girls , . they said the proof of citizenship would take up to a year to confrim , however we got it after 3 months of applying , so get it all done , and you wont have to sponser your child , ... good luck

faar23

Jul 13, 2016
Okay, so as per everyone's suggestion I took the advice and applied for my daughter's citizenship certificate and also for a temporary passport. My question is how long will it take for the temporary passport to arrive if the case is urgent?