+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am going for MS and need information on Open work Permit for Spouse

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
Hello All,

Would be great if I can get some insights on this:

Situation: I will be going to Canada along with my spouse for MS in Computer Science. For him to secure open work permit, need some info in regards to the process.

1. Overall process (how long does it take? So that we can plan to go together)
2. what are the documents that are required for spouse (PCC from all the countries that he stayed for more then 6 months - is this required??)
3. I suppose IELTS valid score card?
4. Anything else?

Appreciate your support!
Thanks a lot in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Spouses of international students are not guaranteed SOWP. If you apply together approval usually takes longer so if you are on a time crunch to get your student permit apply for that alone. SOWP can take quite a few months. Depends on where you live. I would apply as soon as you get study permit approval if you are applying separately.

raider123

Jun 12, 2018
Spouses of international students are not guaranteed SOWP. If you apply together approval usually takes longer so if you are on a time crunch to get your student permit apply for that alone. SOWP can take quite a few months. Depends on where you live. I would apply as soon as you get study permit approval if you are applying separately.
Thanks a lot for the response!
1. what are the documents required for the spouse (of international student) ?
PCC from all the countries that he/she stayed for more then 6 months - is this required??)

raider123

Jun 12, 2018